Customer having difficulties paying

An FYI for sellers having problems with buyers paying. (PayPal)

I had a sale earlier today from a repeat customer. Customer tried to make payment with their credit card( which I accept). The buyer was blocked from completing the payment. In speaking to Paypal it was due to a few recent cancellations/refunds for non-delivery from overseas sellers. (Her words...."She had been waiting for delivery several months and had to try to find locally."

Message from eBay:

We can't process your payment. Try again or use a different method of payment.

When she attempted to cancel the order she received the following message.

It's too late to cancel this order. Reach out to your seller to see if you can work things out.

From her discussions with eBay and PayPal she felt like she was getting a runaround.

I'm pretty sure this is not how things are supposed to work. In the meantime I have cancelled the order. Hoping she receives a message advising her to accept the cancellation. Recent past experience I/we had to let things run their course. 

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Followup:

Cancellation request was sent from my PC.

Buyer received no notification on the app.

Received notification on her PC and was able to accept.

Transaction has now been cancelled.

Buyer is unable to remove credit card info from PayPal or assign another method.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

it was due to a few recent cancellations/refunds for non-delivery from overseas sellers.

I'm reading this as an anti-fraud move by PP that caught up your honest customer.

Which is sort of a good thing, I guess?

Can you accept credit cards directly without a processor like PP?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

I don't believe so, for your question. I've never had an issue with buyers paying by CC in the past. She was going to look into a eBay gift card to see if that would be an alternative solution. The sad thing was there was no notice from PayPal advising her in advance that purchasing on eBay was going to be verboten.  It's like when a seller finds out suddenly that can't list on eBay and no explanation is given without some major prodding.

She pays with her credit card on the River and other places with no issues. After dealing with eBay & PayPal CS she said she had no desire to shop on eBay  going forward, which I can understand.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply