Did eBay Hire Their Competition To Write Their Coding?

ARG ARG and ARG again.

If it's not one mess up it's another. I swear the code writers for their system are either working to bring them down by tormenting all their sellers or just out of collage?

For me and my 5 sites, switching sites has 4 of them on IE and one on chrome. IE does work most of the time, Chrome rarely but I've been on one site with IE to answer a customer's question, open the message center and told I did not have permission to be there because I was now signed into another site?

Put it back the way it was. Who says multiple pages to do the same action is the right thing to do? Not me, big fan of Occam's razor. 

Cleaning the cash on Chrome occasional works but only works once with no guarantee that it will stay on the site you signed into.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. 

Customer gets nasty and wants to cancel the sale. I send her a refund at Paypal as is my custom. Can't cancel the sale. 4 messages to CS and it's still up in the air. They did say they would refund the FVF but I'm not holding my breath since a previous mix up of sign ins still cost me the $11. they said would be refunded. 

Today for some reason 2 sold listing where relisted without my knowledge and both sold to the same customer. Went a different route to refund them. They purchased them separately but I only received one sales notice so when I go to cancel the second one won't cancel? They had not been grouped on my sold page.

If I refund them at Paypal it's going to cost me the FVF like it did with the other sale.

It's starting to add up.

I was sent a notice that one of the sites had an upgrade to 200 free listings until July 31. I was pretty sure I activated it even if I had to copy the link to IE (because I don't want to set IE up to access my website accounts, and I'm just waiting on the coding to be fixed.) Checked to make sure I was on the right site.

The next day, start adding listings and stop as soon as I see the listing fees. Try the link again and it had expired. 

It was suppose to be an upgrade not a special offer. 

Good thing it's just a hobby for me so the torment and lose of money is of no great concern. If I was trying to sell full time I would move to another platform because eBay is messed up more then it has ever been in my 20 years of online sales.

I truly do think that all sellers should be notified to changes made to the coding.

Absolutely do not like the new pale gray check marks in item specifics. They are very hard to see. Would have been nice to have been alerted to this change. One could possibly lose points and money over the residual check marks on sell similar listings.

Rolling with the punches.

Try to post this^

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Ouch, you smacked me again. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Customer gets nasty and wants to cancel the sale. I send her a refund at Paypal as is my custom. Can't cancel the sale. 4 messages to CS and it's still up in the air.

The process is to cancel the sale, which then automatically refunds the customer in full.

You still pay the PP fees (30c and very soon the percentage as well. Poot.) but the eBay FVF are automatically refunded with the cancellation.

Sounds as if your refunded then tried to cancel. Which is backwards.

Did you use "Buyer Request"  to avoid a Defect?

for some reason 2 sold listing where relisted without my knowledge and both sold to the same customer.

That's been happening since at least 1998, to my knowledge. EBay denies the possibility.

Cancel first, refund automatic.

The only upgrade to 200 listing would be a paid subscription to a Basic Store, which gives you 250 "free" listings for $25 a month.

You mis-read the promotion.

There is a current promotion of 50,000 free listings for invited Store subscribers, which uses the 50k listings before the 250 subscription listings.

Absolutely do not like the new pale gray check marks in item specifics.

When I check the IS boxes they turn bright blue.
I am using the Advanced/Business form and Firefox as my browser.

Pale grey would be useless, especially for my ancient eyes.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, but your preaching to the choir. 

Please do not question the validity of my post having to do with the expired offer. 

Too many links in it for this board to allow me to copy paste it.

Good news, the second sold twice item did get canceled, around 3 AM EST.

Added the 2 x.30 cents to the expense column. 

How is firefox dealing with the new coding for switching sites?

I have plenty of room on my machine for yet another browser. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I think one reason that often eBay gets "stuck" at least in client side is a reliance on data stored on a client side device. This is why reps and fellow community members say to clear cookies/cache as the data has been changed but it never gets updated.

Now, I know other sites that solve this by renaming elements when an upgrade happens, thus it forces the client to refresh data. Others rely on server side scripts, not client side.

These client side items appear to be responsible for proper functioning of the webpages, and that's not a good thing. eBay is about the only "big" company I know that has issues with this.

Actually I lied. There is another company that has a similar issue: Microsoft. It's kinda like ADD, they do something, lose interest then move to something else, leaving a previous function broken.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The only upgrade to 200 listing would be a paid subscription to a Basic Store, which gives you 250 "free" listings for $25 a month.

You mis-read the promotion.

There is a current promotion of 50,000 free listings for invited Store subscribers, which uses the 50k listings before the 250 subscription listings.

OP did not mis-read. The promo exists:

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2020/0501/sellers200.html

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I too was equating eBay with Microsoft.

Gates is now getting into bed with Monsanto, he thinks he can own all the food/poison on the planet now. 

Wish I'd known he was criminally minded before I downloaded 10. 

I don't know what eBay does with it's money, I do know they are not spending it on qualified systems designers or a practice board for them to use with all popular browsers considered,  before they make us beta test it. 

Found another flaw in their coding tonight. Think I'll kill the listing to fix the fact that is says there is 0 left of the original 3 after selling 2. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you I know this.

I was talking about an "UP GRADE" to one of my lesser sites. 

It was addressed directly to that site.  I  accepted the first time I activated it, then it wasn't happening. 

I've been getting way too many free listing deals except my oldest site on .com

Sure I was surprised that they gave the lesser site the offer, but I figured, 100% positive feed back, I deserve the deals.  

They must be trying to confuse me.

Keeps me young exercising my senior's over stuffed brain. 

I am slowing down, but the roof needs repairs etc so I'll just deal. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Just to stop all the doubting of my ability to explain what I was talking about, the free 200 listings, I captured the email. Dolly in the email address is for Doll Up Your Dolly. 

Please click on DollysOffer

`````````````````

I thought it was odd that the customer who purchased the two of 3 items wanted to buy 2 more, the last 2?

I clicked on the listing in her message to see 0 of 3 left, as I mentioned above. When I tried to find it in the store, it wasn't there. Used the search, and went in through store categories. 

Maybe the board is haunted by the spirits of sellers who have died from frustration?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@the_d_consortium 

Accepting eBay offers is very similar to a tree falling in the forest when no one is around.  Either that or we ALL are losing our minds right before our very eyes!!

-Lotz

PS. Included with every accepted offer for Managed Payments will be 5 n/c free au gratis complimentary sessions at that nearest funny farm!! Make sure to read the fine print.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I'm surprised that this thread has not been shut down.

I'm only asking if anyone else is having a problem with the new switch sites coding?

Anyone?

The other noise is just to point out that the funny farm is calling to see if my brain has been baked yet.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"I'm surprised that this thread has not been shut down."

Did I miss something?

I use one browser... Firefox.

I don't need a whole bunch of browsers.
I didn't know there was "new switch sites coding."
Anyway, I have no issues whatsoever with "the new switch sites coding."
I can log into as many sites as I choose, in as many tabs as I can open.
You don't have to remove everything when clearing your 'cache'.
Each browser provides cleaning/privacy choices.
So you decide what browsing/site data you wish to clear.
Mine are all ticked so I don't have an issue with that either.
I have no concerns of colours in tick boxes.
The middle part was a drag man.
So I didn't read it.
I did get a kick reading, "pants are great, but they reek of smoke."
Ha!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you, I'll give Firefox a whirl. 

Still it's a matter  of  two popular browsers not being able deal with the coding.

Read my reply to the smoke comment. The pant where new, and I misted them with fabric freshener after pulling them out of a storage bag. However it took 11 years to sell them so they must have met up with my ex tenant at one time.

I Blame Fa-breeze for forgetting to put in the key component to the formula of their latest product line. 

I also gave her a $10. refund.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Nice to see eBay got around to making the coding usable on Chrome so that I did not have to figure out another browser and it's quirks. 

Why could they not ensure it was workable before I was stressed out to the point I ended up having a heart attack and spending 6 days in the hospital?

I don't blame it all on eBay but they where a big part of the problems for sure. 

Like I said else where on the web, their lack of consideration for seller's stress levels is a work place hazard. 

I'm very level headed and even though my conscious moves with the flow, the subconscious keeps sending stress messages to my body.

Life is stressful enough without volunteering to complicate it more with a corporation that shows very little concern for our mental health. 

I have sold next to nothing since I started this thread, so I'm shutting down 20 years of angst and disappointment. I'd like to see my grand children graduate from high school at least. 

Good luck to you all.

Don't forget to breath. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply