Did not get 20% TRS Discount, told by CS it's a gliche....anyone else?

fort2b
Community Member

On my main selling ID I'm a TRS and get a 20% discount of FVF's.   All my evaluations have been fine and I still qualify, but on my latest invoice (nov 15) I did not get my discount.   I called Ebay CS and after a long hold was told it's a system wide error and that I will get my discount.  However the CS rep spoke poor English and i'm not sure she totally understood the problem.

Has anyone else not received their 20% discount on their latest invoice?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Did not get 20% TRS Discount, told by CS it's a gliche....anyone else?

I don't know if my problem is related.

I checked my invoice from Nov 18 and my fees were exactly 10%, so I did get the TRS discount.  However, when I look at my Seller Dashboard Summary, it says Discount : None, where it used to say 20%.

For those of you who didn't get your TRS discount, what does it say your discount level is in your Seller Dashboard Summary?

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Are you missing transactions in the Monthly Breakdown? This was an issue a few weeks ago.
Message 22 of 38
latest reply

I didn't get my 20% discount and the discount area on my dashboard as well is voided out and says NONE. 

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

It occurred to me earlier in this thread that the TRS discount missing from invoices today might be related to that Seller Dashboard glitch from a few weeks ago. Many sellers reported their Monthly Breakdown was reset to zero in months where there should have been transactions and it affected whether they displayed TRS still on their Dashboard at that time.

So.

The plot thickens. 

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

@a51split wrote:
I checked my invoice from Nov 18 and my fees were exactly 10%, so I did get the TRS discount.  However, when I look at my Seller Dashboard Summary, it says Discount : None, where it used to say 20%.

For those of you who didn't get your TRS discount, what does it say your discount level is in your Seller Dashboard Summary?

But 10% is the standard rate without a TRS discount

My Dashboard still says: "As a Top Rated Seller, you get 20% off final value fees"

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

Check your invoices carefully. It may be worse than it seems. Not only did I not get my 20% TRS discount, but I was overcharged on the final value fees on shipping costs. Those fees should be 10% of the lowest rate you offer on an item, but they charged 10% of whatever option the buyer chose, leading to overcharges in many cases.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

@lorvanallen wrote:

Check your invoices carefully. It may be worse than it seems. Not only did I not get my 20% TRS discount, but I was overcharged on the final value fees on shipping costs. Those fees should be 10% of the lowest rate you offer on an item, but they charged 10% of whatever option the buyer chose, leading to overcharges in many cases.

It's the first domestic rate (Canada for eBay.ca listings, USA for eBay.com listings) or the actual shipping rate -- whichever is lowest of those two.

-..-

Miscalculated shipping FVF was a problem last March/April for some sellers on some sales (I was one). Collect the sales that are mischarged and supply the eBay numbers at this weeks Wednesday "chat" session.

-..-

All of my shipping FVF fees are correct for my November 15 invoice.

-..-

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I'm somewhat inaccurate, here are eBay's rules:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee.html

Final value fees on shipping

Final values fees on shipping charges are calculated using the shipping service the buyer chooses.

However, when you offer an international or express shipping service and it's selected by your buyer, the way your final value fee for shipping is calculated varies.

If you list on eBay.ca

If you list on eBay.ca and a Canadian buyer purchases your item, your final value fee for shipping is calculated using the shipping service that the buyer chooses.

If you list on eBay.ca and a US or international buyer purchases your item, your final value fee for shipping is calculated using whichever service is less expensive, either:

• The first domestic service in your listing that isn't express, or

• Your international or express shipping service

For example, if a buyer chooses international shipping and you specified free shipping as your first domestic option on your eBay.ca listing, you don't pay any final value fees on shipping charges for that item. If international or express shipping is the only service you offer, your final value fee for shipping charges will be calculated on that service.

If you list on eBay.com

If you list on eBay.com and a US buyer purchases your item, your final value fee for shipping is calculated using the shipping service that the buyer chooses.

If you list on eBay.com and a Canadian or international (non US) buyer purchases your item, your final value fee for shipping is calculated using whichever service is less expensive, either:

• The first US shipping service in your listing that isn't express, or

• Your Canadian or express shipping service

Sellers from outside of Canada

If you're a seller from one of the following countries (China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam) and your item isn't located in Canada, final value fees on shipping charges are always calculated using the shipping option your buyer selects.

-..-

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

@a51split wrote:

I don't know if my problem is related.

If you received your discount there should be a separate area in your invoice showing the amount that was discounted.

My discount box doesn't show a percentage either although that is common around the 20th of every month so. t don't know if that is related to the missing discount.

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@a51split wrote:

But 10% is the standard rate without a TRS discount

My Dashboard still says: "As a Top Rated Seller, you get 20% off final value fees"

I think that they are referring to the box on the dashboard summary which is on the selling manager page.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply

Did others receive a message from eBay about the problem?  I received one last night acknowledging the problem and that they are working on it.  They said that the net total I will be paying will reflect the discount so  in other words, I won't be paying extra. At least that's how I read it...I don't think that I'm supposed to repost a message.

If you didn't receive the message, you might want to send your info to the email address I mentioned earlier.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

No message to my mid month billing account it happpened to

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

i called last night and asked them if i was supposed to pay the incorrect amount, and wait for a credit later, she said no and escalated my concern, they emailed and said i would have my credit later tonight. this morning i checked and it was there for me,i received my credit..

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

I checked this morning and there is now a credit for my TRS 20% on my current billing activity. 

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I didn't contact anyone at eBay and a credit called

Top-rated seller Discount - eTRS Credit for November dated 21-Nov-16 20:31:26 EST

has appeared. It has the correct discount amount, and applies immediately to the invoice amount that is due.

-..-

However the Nov 15 invoice has not been updated, so I assume this financial detail will appear on the Dec 15 invoice. Either that or you have to remember to capture the credit manually for your records.

-..-

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/11/1479861535.html

Tue Nov 22 2016 19:38:55
eBay Billing Status Remained Green Amid Billing MeltdownBy: Ina Steiner

Sponsored Link

eBay apologized to its top sellers on Tuesday for billing problems and said the issue had been resolved. At 4:30 pm ET, eBay posted the following message on its announcement board:

Update: Top Rated Seller Invoice Issue - Resolution
The issue regarding Top Rated Seller discounts not being shown on invoices has been resolved. All affected sellers have been contacted by eBay.
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

problem still exists after 3 months and the problem is for all the Ebay sites

all past 3 months my billing invoices were wrong and every month have to call  not once but 2-3 to have problem fixed.

The fist time calling in they tell me sorry and we will work on it and notify you by email 24-48 hours result no email

Then phone back second time  to then have to call back or get call back from support supervisor do the corrections manually while im on the phone and spend on average 1 hour each time I have called billing support deparment

I remember Ebay Canada had an office back in the day at Yonge st and St Clair in the Toronto but I guess those were the better days

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@33nhl wrote:
I remember Ebay Canada had an office back in the day at Yonge st and St Clair in the Toronto ...

They still have an office in Toronto.

Your current "issue" has nothing to do with this thread (about no TRS discount at all).

Your thread from earlier today:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Canadian-PowerSellers-Discussion/Warning-Ebay-Sellers-Please-check-your-...

I still think your "problem" is:  The TRS 20% discount does not apply to FVF on shipping charges.

-..-

Message 38 of 38
latest reply