Did not get 20% TRS Discount, told by CS it's a gliche....anyone else?

fort2b
Community Member

On my main selling ID I'm a TRS and get a 20% discount of FVF's.   All my evaluations have been fine and I still qualify, but on my latest invoice (nov 15) I did not get my discount.   I called Ebay CS and after a long hold was told it's a system wide error and that I will get my discount.  However the CS rep spoke poor English and i'm not sure she totally understood the problem.

Has anyone else not received their 20% discount on their latest invoice?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

My invoices are generated on the first of the month. I got my TRS discount as was expected. But to answer your question, yes, I think I read about this glitch on the industry blog ecommercebytes this week. 

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/S/S?PL&1479398355

Only time will tell how many other reports come in. 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

I found 3 old threads from last year where sellers also reported this issue, so it seems to periodically effect a small number of accounts.  It generally seems to have taken 4 to 7 days to get the error corrected.

At least it's not some rule change that I missed that would have meant i don't get my discounts any more....

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Still waiting for mine to process since I get billed on the 16th of every month. On Novemeber 14th I received the following message...

system error.JPG

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

There is a post about this on the US Powerseller board.  Someone from eBay did reply and said that the problem was being looked into.  There is an email address there if you want to contact them.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/PowerSeller-Business/Top-Rated-not-showing-discount/m-p/26236653#U26236...

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

yes, just got my new invoice, and no 20% credit on final value fees.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Are sellers expected to pay the incorrect amount?
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Just got my message during the night that my invoice was ready to view. No 20% off discount. Woman Mad

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Are sellers expected to pay the incorrect amount?

I'm not sure, the invoices aren't due until the end of the month so hopefully it will be fixed by then.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

I hope so too. For the sellers affected by this, it seems inappropriate to me that those sellers would be expected to submit payment for an amount that is known by all involved to be incorrect. 

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Just got my message during the night that my invoice was ready to view. No 20% off discount. Woman Mad

I'm the same. My November 15 invoice (why does it take eBay 3 days to prepare an invoice?) does not have my TRS discount.

I'm TRS by global standards, but not TRS by USA, UK or Switzerland standards. I wonder if the accounting folks in Switzerland have forgotten which TRS standard should be applied.

-..-

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

I wonder what they were doing when they broke this apply-TRS-to-invoice function by mistake. Could it be related to the Seller Dashboard glitch last month that dropped transaction counts form certain months?

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I also just got my Nov 15 invoice - no 20% discount.  Smiley Sad

Perhaps Rapheal will have some news about this on Wed.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Just got my invoice as well, no TRS discount. 

Message 15 of 38
latest reply

My invoice that was received yesterday does not show the TRS discount.

The message about incorrect invoice(I.e. without discount) was received 3 days earlier.

I do not know how soon the error will be fixed.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Got my invoice today too. Just checked it, and no TRS 20% discount here either. Last months invoice looks okay though. Will I have to spend hours calling EBay or will they be fixing this automatically? Anyone know?

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

I am assuming it will be fixed automatically. If ebay is aware of the glitch, which by all accounts they are, they have to be working on a fix for it. I can't imagine what they were doing when they busted this function by mistake. Although it doesn't affect me at this time (my invoices are generated on the first of the month) I have to assume that all your invoices will be fixed before they are due. Otherwise, it becomes an even bigger problem of crediting your next invoice for the extra debit this time around. 

Certainly, it should be raised for clarification on Wednesday at Board Hour.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

I'm the same. My November 15 invoice (why does it take eBay 3 days to prepare an invoice?) does not have my TRS discount.

I'm TRS by global standards, but not TRS by USA, UK or Switzerland standards. I wonder if the accounting folks in Switzerland have forgotten which TRS standard should be applied.

-..-

I doubt that's the problem since UStrs plus sellers are in the same situation. 

If if you don't want to phone about it there is an email address in post 5 of the thread that I posted about earlier in this thread. Trinton from eBay said that you can write him from your ebay user email address to get put on the list of affected sellers.  Apparently not everyone who gets billed mid month was affected.  One poster said that  he has  3 id's with trs and 2 did not receive the discount

Here is the post from Trinton@ebay,  I hope that the mods leave it up

"You can also send your username to me via askcommunity@eBay.com from the address on file and I will add you to the investigation as an example of an impacted user!"

Message 20 of 38
latest reply