Do I Have To Use Shippo for Shipping

cxgirl
Community Member

Hi Folks,

I normally print my shipping though PayPal, but with this managed payments change supposed to be coming I don't think I'll be able to do that anymore.

Is there a way to print shipping labels though Ebay without using Shippo?

I've been trying to figure it out for the past hour but it keeps taking me to Shippo which I don't want to use.

any information appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I had asked a similar question a few weeks ago. My question & the answer I got is below.

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

HI Tyler, Could someone clarify how this Managed Payments will affect printing labels through PayPal? I use PayPal to print & pay for all my labels. Also all my tracked parcels have the tracking number automatically uploaded from PayPal to the eBay lisitng. Will that still work or will we need to manually put in the tracking number & that the item is sent? Thanks

Hi @2nd-time-around-jewelry,

How you print labels with PayPal should not change including the pass through of information such as tracking number.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

thanks for the info  2nd-time aroundgrinning

I don't know how that will work though, with no payments going though PayPal the information/order for shipping won't show there?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay is working on providing a shipping platform on .ca similar to what they have on the US site.  I’m not certain but I think that if a seller prints the label through that platform, the label cost will come out of the buyers payment before it is deposited Into your account.  They aren’t certain when the shipping platform will be up and running.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

As you probably know, you do not have to use a shipping label at all, although having the payment and label on the same platform is certainly a convenience.

In addition to Shippo, you can use Canada Post's SnapShip, although you will have to fill in addresses etc manually.

If you are able to ship your items LetterMail ( under 500 grams, under 2cm thick) and you are comfortable without tracking, you can use postage stamps.  It is possible to buy discount mint never hinged postage on eBay at 20% or more off face value.

You can also use postage stamps to pay for shipping parcels, but for tracking you will need to go to the PO and get that final label.

None of these is as easy as Paypal labels.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I use ChitChats for my Canadian shipping as recently the rates have been really good.

When I do ship locally, I just go to the PO. I don't have patience for all these digital marketing ideas that constantly have issues.

I've found ChitChats extremely well priced, the insurance is waaay easier to claim than Canada Post. The only downside is not everyone has a location near them. But there are a few shipment facilitator out there depending on your region.

Recently with US shipping I am using UPS Mail Innovations, as it uses UPS network up till final handoff for delivery by USPS.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
I use ChitChats for my Canadian shipping as recently the rates have been really good.
I've found ChitChats extremely well priced, the insurance is waaay easier to claim than Canada Post. The only downside is not everyone has a location near them. But there are a few shipment facilitator out there depending on your region.

I used them a few times - was very happy! They are cheap, you can import all address data from Ebay easily, and they provide tracking. I plan to move all my operation to ChitChats. They added many additional locations and drop spots recently - just check their map. https://chitchats.com/locations

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I wish I could ship lettermail, but the stuff I sell has to go in boxes.
PayPal is so easy, I really hope I'll be able to continue to use it.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've never heard of ChitChats, looked them up but none in my area, maybe they will expend to Vancouver Island
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Chitchat is only in the Vancouver area for BC province. However, you can batch up your sales and ship the lot to a B.C. branch. But with Canada Post being so slow in this pandemic not a good idea. Perhaps a third party shipping service to them would be better. Details on their web site.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Canadapost:

What methods of payment do you accept online?

We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. If you are a commercial customer, you can also pay by account.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

When order processing is up and running you should see something like this for dot ca.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=LabelManagement

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk?_trkparms=lblmgmt

There is an option to combine orders. Other than that the new packing slip format, at least on dot com is not getting rave reviews. Were Packing Slips ever customizable on dot ca? This option has been removed on dot com within MP. Due to the reported shortcomings of the new packing slip the workaround is to use the one from Sellers Hub. 

-Lotz

Message 12 of 12
latest reply