Do your Photos meet Ebays new 500px requirement? Free Tool Tells All

I just stumbled on this tool, that tells you now, if any of your photos do not meet the new requirements for photo size effective July 1. With just over 5,000 items this was a great tool for me to check all of my photos.

http://www.isdntek.com/demo/test/SellerEpsPhoto.htm

Great product, makes it easy to see which photos you need to redo. Now if they would only create a watermark test tool........that would be grand!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Good find. All my pictures passed, whew !

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I had thought all of my photos were acceptable

Found seven with problems....less than 500 pixels on the longer side...

When the regulation was first  presented, the files with all of the old photos were checked  and problem photos were identified and adjusted for the listings still present on eBay...  

Took a few days to find the photos and make an adjustment... new photos...

The process also appeared to find listings were there were problems with gallery photos.....

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

The process also appeared to find listings where there were problems with gallery photos

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Be careful. This tool only tests the first eBay photo, not eBay photos 2 to 12 if you have more than 1 photo in the eBay photo gallery.

The author, shipscript, posted limitations in the eBay.com Photos and HTML forum a long time ago when the eBay requirements for 500 pixels on the longest side was announced a year ago.

When I test my photos it says they are all 500x500 when they are in fact 1000x1000 pixels.

So use with caution.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Over 500 of mine are too small...ughh! What is the exact date this applies? If items are GTC does it apply?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

There are two tests........

Test for min size (500) only

Find largest size (1600) (may slow computer)

The first test only tests for the min 500px if you want to see the largest size over the 500 you should try the second test.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Over 500 of mine are too small...ughh! What is the exact date this applies? If items are GTC does it apply?

The date it applies is July 1, as far as I recall GTC will not be effected. However if you make an edit or re list Ebays program will catch it.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Be careful. This tool only tests the first eBay photo, not eBay photos 2 to 12 if you have more than 1 photo in the eBay photo gallery.

I thought that it was only the first photo that has to meet those requirements?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

2013 Update says all photos..... must meet the 500 pixel requirement.  I also thought the gallery photo was the only photo that had to meet the 500 pixel requirement....

Something to ask next Wednesday!!!

There have been situations  where something happens to the photo once  it has been uploaded to ebay.

This process appeared to catch those photos if the pixel size has been corrupted...

eBay ued to reduce the size of my photo  where the longest side became 500 pixels....  The size ot the photos that were uploaded yesterday  were not changed from the original size noted on my computer.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

All eBay photos need to meet the 500 pixel on the longest side requirements.

Photos in the description do not have to meet any eBay requirements.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

You may be confusing it with the requirement that for used goods (except Media) the first image (Gallery) cannot be a stock image.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Is this test really any good? All my photos are at least 1000x1000 (or more) and they all show as being too small!

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Is this test really any good? All my photos are at least 1000x1000 (or more) and they all show as being too small!

Try the second test "Find largest size (1600) (may slow computer)"

See if that makes any difference or not?

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Thanks, yes now they show there at their correct size.

In case anyone is wondering, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the second test.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Thank you very helpful

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

This is new to me, but very interesting. I've got some work ahead of me.  Sorry little girl no dog walk this afternoon.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

eBay sellers are a funny bunch..........

I re-posted this tool to the US Powerseller board (thanks Skylarstuff), got a good reaction from most but a couple of people claimed the tool didn't work because it was showing that they have images that are too small.

They say "It doesn't work, all my images are big enough".

So I check their id, it reports many images too small, I check a few of those listings....the images ARE too small, seller continues to claim different, expect they will be posting in July that eBay pulled their listings and eBay is also wrong!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that eBay has WAY TOOOOOOOOO MUCH POWER OR CONTROL over us and is contiuing to telling us what to do!  If we offer poor pictures, that is our business and our problems.

I have seen so many sellers with so poor pictures and yet they were able to sell them at really high prices like you wouldn't believe!  And here eBay is telling us?!!

Come on eBay!! 

It is bad that I had spend hours and hours in scanning so many items only to find some of them are not good according to eBay's insane new policy!

What about eBay is starting to offer us the prefilled information with stock photos for the books, music, DVDs, movies, etc and there are no photos!!   There are so many of them that has no longer photos there and my listings were listed for 30 days, only for me to find out there is NO photo!  When I listed them, there were stock photos but days later, no photo!  It is eBay's problems, eBay needs to focus on themselves first and fix that problems first instead of picking us!!

Sheesh!!

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

The problem is that eBay has WAY TOOOOOOOOO MUCH POWER OR CONTROL over us and is contiuing to telling us what to do!  If we offer poor pictures, that is our business and our problems.

Simple solution. Don't sell here and they will have no power over you.

Otherwise, realize that this is their site and they DO make the rules and will continue to do so regardless of how much someone may complain. I am sorry if I sound harsh but many of your posts suggest that you are very unhappy selling here.

I'm not saying that I agree with all that they do but I do realize that I am free to either leave or to stay and adapt. I know that I will get further ahead and be happier if I focus on the positive things rather than dwell on the negative ones.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply