Can I NOT sell to buyer who has ZERO feedback?

This buyer won my item, paid via Paypal but requested to send the item to another address which is different from the Paypal confirmed address. I refunded her payment and already reported to ebay about cancelling this transaction due to the above reason.

This buyer is new to ebay and with "0" feedback. I know I should not be 'discriminating', but I hesitate to send an expensive item ($300 USD) item to this 'newbie'

For future reference, is there a way to avoid buyer with no history and zero feedback?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

For future reference, is there a way to avoid buyer with no history and zero feedback?

No there isn't. I've had more problems with buyers that have eedback than with zero feedback buyers.

I imagine that it is too late now but you could have refunded and told the buyer that you could invoice them once they had the correct address in paypal. I can understand why it would be a bit unnerving but as long as you had delivery confirmation and a signature, the transaction would likely have been smooth.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some buyers begging me to send the items to other addresses to "surprise" them, etc.  I had to tell them sorry, no must to the registered addresses with PayPal, period and nothing else.  We have to protect ourselves otherwise we would be out of $$$ and item at the same time and possible trashed DSRs and getting negative feedback which is not worth it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Collectors52, Do you always use shipping with delivery confirmation? 

I've often sent items to other addresses. Since I wasn't using delivery confirmation on those items anyway, if an INR was filed, I would lose regardless of where it had been sent. In most cases...of course there are always exceptions...I would rather do what the customer would prefer rather than worrying about what might happen.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply