Would like to see "Free Shipping" as a Promotion

I would like to suggest to ebay that they try out a promotion for sellers that offer "Free Shipping". Maybe 500 listings free or something. Since ebay seems to want sellers to offer Free Shipping - why not get those of us that have never offered it before an incentive to give it a try. I would. Or, perhaps some type of permanent discount for those offering free shipping. Anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this has been tried somewhere and I have missed it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"Or, perhaps some type of permanent discount for those offering free shipping."

Did you know sellers with TRS status already receive a FVF discount for offering "free shipping" (shipping included in selling price)?

Not kidding.

Take a look at these two examples:

1) item sells for $20 + $10 shipping

2) same item sells for $30 with "free shipping"

Assuming FVF of 10% (based on new fee schedule for seller without a store)

1) FVF = $3.00 less $0.40 rebate for TRS = $2.60

2) FVF = $3.00 less $0.60 rebate for TRS = $2.40

In this example, TRS offering "free shipping" pays 7.7% less in FVF than the seller offering the same item but adding shipping charge.

How does it work?  Simple.  The 20% rebate for TRS only applies to the sale price, not the shipping charge.

Watch your pennies... the dollars will take care of themselves. 🙂

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe me, it is a NO-WIN situtation!  Some prefers to knew how much shipping than having them included the starting price like Free Shipping.

Some wants free shipping, some want more lower shipping costs meaning they "want" us to pay from our own pockets, etc.  It is a no-win situation, cannot please everyone, no matter what!

If only we can get the discount from Canada Post like China do offers free shipping because they are subsized by their government.  Wish Canada Post would subsize us, then we can offer free shipping for everything from a tiny piece to a heavy piece!  I can dream!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I say get rid of the DSR system and other then that do what ever they want just get rid of the DSR system pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee ..

About to stop selling to the US so I don't go above 2.0 even though 95% of all items in the US show within 2 weeks ...

I have order from the US LOTS and i have never received something in under 2 weeks .........

Wrong thread I know but just my opinion ...

I mean I received 1 star on shippe rate for charging $3.99 .. that is not overcharging that is My 50 cent insurance plan LOL

I always offer Free shipping for many reasons like the one pierre pointed out

Also when shipping to the US etc. you are charge fees based on your lowest Domestic Rate and if it is free you are charged nothing on the international rate ...

Also Say I list Free shipping to canada and it is $2.50 well now on my US or UK shipping rate I deduct $2.50 from actual shipping rate so Instead of charging the US buyer $5.53 I am not charging then $3.50 or $3 which helps alot with DSR ratings

Message 4 of 4
latest reply