Does This Sound Like a Set Up?

A buyer contacted me and asked if I'd sell a $160 item for $100.  I told her no.

Then she agreed to the $160 and asked if I'd upgrade shipping to a signed for method because she lives in a high crime area.  I told her that would be expensive but I'd get a price, and suggested that we use the "Card for Pickup" method instead.

She told me that she just had to wait to sell an item and would pay as soon as she had the cash.  She didn't respond and I didn't hear from that id again.

About a day later I received a request from the same buyer using a different id asking if I'd sell the same item for $135.  I said no but sent her an offer for $150.

She accepted the offer and paid.

Now I see that it's the same buyer because the email gives it away.  Kind of bugs me...... but what the heck. She wanted a deal but went about in an annoying way.

What bothers me now is that she won't respond to my messages to either id asking if she has any special requests regarding shipping.

I'd ship via Tracked Packet.

Not sure if I'm being set up or what.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I think sometimes because we see so many problem situations here we automagically assume anything unusual is nefarious. 

Long ago I came to the realization to never try to figure out why my buyers are buying my stuff and what they're doing with it.

The same goes with all the actions up to and after purchase. I've encountered some most bizarre situations where buyers really want something and all the stuff/discussion that leads up to the purchase. (My recent record is 24 questions to purchase 4 items)

Anyway they've paid, and you plan to send tracked. 

That's all you need to do. Sending with signature doesn't protect you any further because and INAD could happen with or without a signature.

I would not communicate with them any further, all it does is encourage issues. Just ship tracked and follow your normal process.

Who knows why all the odd stuff before the purchase....it probably would make sense if you were the buyer, they've probably got rational reasons for why it went down this way.....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That's exactly what I was thinking.   🙂  She probably just wanted a deal and is embarrassed because she got caught.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply