Does anyone know how long the Canada Post "Free Tuesday" labels are valid?

Before I spend time searching around the Canada Post website, I thought I'd ask whether anybody has any definite information on when the "Free Tuesday" (October) shipping labels expire?  I have one left that I may not need until February or March, 2019.  Will it still be valid?  

By the way, I used one of my free Xpresspost labels today, and it seems the tracking does still work (which was a great relief).  However, I was told the delivery guarantee is no longer valid, which of course makes sense.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I remember one seller saying that he used a “free Tuesday” label as late as January. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It will drop off your Solutions for Small Business list after 90 days -- but should still be valid beyond that date.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

My assumption would be that a pre-paid postage label would be valid indefinitely. Like a book of stamps.

However: rate increases will render it insufficient and you’ll need to add stamps to it after a rate increase to make-up the difference.

Also, don’t waste your time looking for that information on the website, call the 1-800 number and ask someone instead. It’ll take less time.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
However: rate increases will render it insufficient and you’ll need to add stamps to it after a rate increase to make-up the difference.

Actually, that's not true.

If the label has been "paid" for, it is the same as a "P" stamp -- always the valid rate.

-..-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Really? That’s interesting. (And it sounds like something exploitable.) Thank you for correcting me.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

It will drop off your Solutions for Small Business list after 90 days -- but should still be valid beyond that date.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, although it would be good to have some definite confirmation on whether these labels are valid more or less indefinitely, like "P" stamps.   I don't want to tell a customer I can give them free shipping for a relatively large and heavy item, then find out in fact that I can't.   

I was actually hoping someone had tried shipping one of these free labels last year (successfully) after several months. 

I'm not keen to do the rounds of telephoning CPC to try to get information, especially not at the moment, when they're likely in several kinds of chaos.  I think I'll just check with my local P.O. later on (we have an exceptionally knowledgeable and experienced person running our little post office,  who is willing to call HQ on the spot on the rare occasion she doesn't have an answer ).  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I've used a prepaid Xpresspost envelope that was almost 10 years old without a problem.

How did you get a "free Tuesday" label without entering a destination in SnapShip?

-..-

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I've used a prepaid Xpresspost envelope that was almost 10 years old without a problem.

How did you get a "free Tuesday" label without entering a destination in SnapShip?

1)  Thank you!  I think that answers my query.

2)  I did enter an address -- I have a regular customer in B.C. who will most likely be ordering another custom item in early 2019.   I used a weight and box size close to the maximum permitted by the free Xpresspost label, to allow for just about anything she might want.  I thought I'd encourage the prospective sale with the promise of free shipping (as long as I can in fact promise).  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply