Does having more watchers on an Item increase its Visibility?

I am curious in terms of how the algorithm works. If an item has more watchers, is it more likely to be seen more?

Curious!

Thanks,
Jake LS@thego2corner 🇨🇦
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EBay does not say what the criteria for the algorithm are.

I don't think I have ever seen Watchers mentioned as a possible criterion.

In my opinion it is pretty meaningless.

Watchers watch.

Buyers buy.

If your item is Fixed Price, watching means the person does not want to (or cannot afford to) buy it.

If it is an Auction, they may be planning a last second bid, although frankly paying a sniping service is more likely to be successful.

There is a new promotion available, at no cost to you, which allows you to send offers to Watchers. 

If you  have multiples of an item, each time one sells, I believe your Watchers are sent  notification.

If you have only one, if you take it down then relist it as Relist (not Sell Similar) your Watchers will be sent a notification.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBay does not say what the criteria for the algorithm are.

I don't think I have ever seen Watchers mentioned as a possible criterion.

In my opinion it is pretty meaningless.

Watchers watch.

Buyers buy.

If your item is Fixed Price, watching means the person does not want to (or cannot afford to) buy it.

If it is an Auction, they may be planning a last second bid, although frankly paying a sniping service is more likely to be successful.

There is a new promotion available, at no cost to you, which allows you to send offers to Watchers. 

If you  have multiples of an item, each time one sells, I believe your Watchers are sent  notification.

If you have only one, if you take it down then relist it as Relist (not Sell Similar) your Watchers will be sent a notification.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks once more for your insight. Watchers drive me nuts 🤣

Best,
Jake LS@thego2corner 🇨🇦
Message 3 of 3
latest reply