Downgraded my store subscription and….

Hi guys, I have a question for anybody who is having or had the same thing happening after downgrading their store subscription.

At the beginning of February my yearly subscription for the store was going to be renewed and I decided to downgrade it from premium to basic. Anyway since then my store has become a ghost. No sales, no views and no questions. 
I was doing ok until I changed my subscription and wandering if that had affected my visibility and my sales.

It may be a coincidence but very strange. 
Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@rio1953 wrote:

Hi guys, I have a question for anybody who is having or had the same thing happening after downgrading their store subscription.

At the beginning of February my yearly subscription for the store was going to be renewed and I decided to downgrade it from premium to basic. Anyway since then my store has become a ghost. No sales, no views and no questions. 
I was doing ok until I changed my subscription and wandering if that had affected my visibility and my sales.

It may be a coincidence but very strange. 
Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Not aware of that being an issue but begs the question if you upgrade your store would you get a spike in sales?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've always had a dip in traffic and sales in February. Could be the simple explaination. Or could be that someone in your market has suddenly increased their promoted listing rate which has pushed your items down the list.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"No sales, no views"

It's February

It's only the 8th of February

You actualy did have a few sales in February (yeah, not as good as you were doing in the second half of January)

How do your numbers compare with the same period last year?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How was last February? February 2022? 2020 (pre-covid and the pandemic surge in online buying)? 2019?

Week to week is too short to make comparisons, and there are ebbs and flows.

When I downgraded I don't recall any difference (a couple of years ago ) except that I got more promotional Free Listings.

Have you checked to see if you have those available to you?

It's my opinion that eBay doesn't really care how much we pay for listings, although they love the steady income from Store subscriptions, so to keep us listing they give us those Free Listing promotions.

We can'tsell if we don't list.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yeah, I think its too early for a demonstrable pattern but thanks for asking this question - I'm contemplating doing the same when mines up at the end of March, and have wondered the same thing, if store type bears any effect in driving traffic - I wouldnt be surprised at all if there is, its in their best interests to do more to drive traffic to higher store levels as they stand to make more scratch off the big fish than the tadpoles.

Can you post a follow up to your post updating your sales at the end of the month?  I'm interested to see how it turns out - if it improves or if its still in the tank.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply