Downgraded store and still want to bill me for old store as well as paying penalty

Trying to figure out my bill for May 15th

Downgraded my premium store to basic store on May 2 and knew I would pay an early cancellation or downgrade fee.

On my May 15th bill, I am being charged a downgrade fee which I expected but they are also billing me for my premium store from May 16th to June 15th.

I have called Ebay and of course they have no idea at this point and asked me to wait 48 to 72 hours to look into why.

Biggest problem I see is they bill in advance but billing is mid month and store runs calendar month which is absolutely dumb. If we mirror the US and now are billed by Canada so tax is paid, billing should also be on the 1st.

Any one else downgraded and been able to figure out their billing?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Downgraded store and still want to bill me for old store as well as paying penalty

As noted in the previous thread the Spring update the store fee increase was supposed to be on dot com in May and to be advised for dot ca. I thought they said somewhere they were going to waive any fees if you downgraded your store. Wonder if they have applied the increases across the board to everyone automatically?

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

There is no change to Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions on eBay.com, and no change for any Store subscription level on eBay.ca. When the new Store subscriptions are introduced on eBay.ca later in 2018, there may be an associated fee update at that time. We’ll share more information once details are finalized.

-CM

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

As noted in the previous thread the Spring update the store fee increase was supposed to be on dot com in May and to be advised for dot ca. I thought they said somewhere they were going to waive any fees if you downgraded your store. Wonder if they have applied the increases across the board to everyone automatically?

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2018-spring/ebay-stores.html

There is no change to Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions on eBay.com, and no change for any Store subscription level on eBay.ca. When the new Store subscriptions are introduced on eBay.ca later in 2018, there may be an associated fee update at that time. We’ll share more information once details are finalized.

-CM

Whole different subject.

Canada was not involved in fee increases and did not have ability to change or cancel store without penalty.

My post involves Canada and the stores as is and why they are billing me for the premium store when it has been downgraded to basic on May 2nd.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply