Downgrading your store level

For anyone considering downgrading their store it is VERY important to remember when renewal date comes up it is done AUTOMATICALLY. There is no warning. It is noted in the fine print with the previous renewal.  You are able to upgrade at any time but there would be fees for downgrading. From anything in the past where I was in some sort of subscription I've always received advanced warning. eBay? I guess not. On the "brighter" side there was no increase for 2023

Can I change my Store subscription level?

Yes. You can get lower fees and additional business tools by upgrading your store to a higher level, or change your renewal cycle to a yearly subscription, if you currently have a monthly subscription. Learn how to change your Store subscription level. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1682957503211.png

From the eBay archives on the subject for chuckles. 2013. Sadly the price noted is no longer available. 🙄 If only!!!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Monthly-or-Yearly-Store-Fees/m-p/88535#M9628

-Lotz

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am pretty sure I used to get notice from ebay in the past that my store would renew, this year nadda. I could be mistaken though, but ebay should be reminding people in theory, but i guess they want to trap people into more fees if they need to opt out before the penalty period. Thats how it feels anyhow!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I am pretty sure I used to get notice from ebay in the past that my store would renew, this year nadda. I could be mistaken though, but ebay should be reminding people in theory, but i guess they want to trap people into more fees if they need to opt out before the penalty period. Thats how it feels anyhow!

I did get a credit after the fact...and then it went away.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1683127036103.png

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I can confirm I was planning to cancel my yearly subscription in March but I didn't receive any notice and forgot. Now I'm paying another year... Live and learn I guess.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@electronicifycanada wrote:

I can confirm I was planning to cancel my yearly subscription in March but I didn't receive any notice and forgot. Now I'm paying another year... Live and learn I guess.

@electronicifycanada 

Advanced warning used to be a common courtesy from businesses for these types of charges.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This morning, I've received my annual notification: "Your eBay Store will be renewed "

My store renews June 1st so it gives me lots of time to make my decision.

I got it both in regular mail and ebay messaging.

So the early notification system is working for some of us still.....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

This morning, I've received my annual notification: "Your eBay Store will be renewed "

My store renews June 1st so it gives me lots of time to make my decision.

I got it both in regular mail and ebay messaging.

So the early notification system is working for some of us still.....

@regs43 

Thanks for the heads up @ricarmic . I've doubled checked my emails in both ebay and gmail and the only message I received was that it had already renewed. Would be interesting to know if that was because a few of us NOT gettin a notice and the system got revised? Wouldn't be the first time things have happened that way.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I also did not get a 'warning' email/message. Just the "Your subscription has been renewed" message. Mine renewed at the beginning of May.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply