EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE / APPEALS HAS BEEN TERRIBLE

Customer bought item

Customer wanted to return item while item was in transit and opened up a case 

I replied to the customer they could return the item no problem - I forgot to respond to the return request

Ebay granted the refund

Item arrived on time and within the shipping time in the ad.

I called Ebay right away and they said to contact us once the item is delivered.

Customer got a refund AND my item, Is ignoring me and Ebay is denying my appeal.

And the Ebay customer service is abysmal. 

Thoughts??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I replied to the customer they could return the item no problem - I forgot to respond to the return request

Have you contacted the customer and asked that either the item or the refund be returned?

Since you have been in a transaction with the customer, you are allowed to ask for their PP/ email address to reinvoice them.

You may consider a reduction in the total refund to acknowledge the slow delivery (which was not your fault, but is your responsibility).

You did make the error of not responding to Dispute, and you do have to own that error.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The buyer has completely ghosted me. Its been 6 days and i have sent several messages.

Yes, it is my error. I also sent the buyer the other item he wanted for a discount which he has already received. 

I dont understand why Ebay cant simply reverse the decision.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I also sent the buyer the other item he wanted for a discount which he has already received.

To me that's a sign that he will never return the refund. 

Found this on another thread.

@ricarmic wrote:
For future reference, if you have a payment email from PAYPAL if you "reply" to the email, it exposes the buyers email address which you can harvest and use.....

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I dont understand why Ebay cant simply reverse the decision.

It isn't possible for ebay to reach into a buyer's Paypal/bank/credit card account and take money back. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"I dont understand why Ebay cant simply reverse the decision."

Because they want the buyer to have "a good eBay experience". (yes...sarcarsm)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply