ETransfers to $US Bank Account

I opened an American account in preparation for Managed Payments.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to do e-transfers from the US in $US to the American account?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

e-transfers? Probably not, regular wire transfers, yes. You might be able to do a direct transfer if your US based bank is "related" to your Canadian US Dollar account (such as with TD North / TD Canada or similiar with RBC)

Personally my US bank has no connection to any of my Canadian bank accounts (US or CA Dollar) but the US account is a chequing account so I just write a cheque from the US bank and deposit it in the Canadian US$ account. There is probably a hold on funds but I've never been in the situation where I needed immediate availability of the funds.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

e-transfers is a Canadian thing.

Some ways to move money around in the USA:

https://wise.com/us/blog/how-to-transfer-to-another-bank-account

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Transfer "from the US in $US to the American account.

Not clear if you mean both USD accounts are in the USA or is one of both of them in Canada?

You can use ACH to move USD within US or USD within Wise.

You can use Tangerine or EQ Bank to move USD within Canada.

Everything else - you need to use Wire transfers or write a cheque. Welcome to North American ancient banking system.

If you are business and your business account packages includes EFT, you may be able to do USD transfer via EFT but again, only within Canada.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply