Ebay, can you give some "teeth" back to the sellers?!

dav-ee
Community Member

Ebay, can you give some "teeth" back to the sellers?! I'm tired of losers winning my auctions and not paying. No ramnifications, no repercussions, no negative feedback, an absolute joke!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay, can you give some "teeth" back to the sellers?!

"No ramnifications, no repercussions,"

As long as a seller files a non-payment complaint through the Resolution Centre every time, there are ramifications and repercussions affecting the non-paying bidder.

Feedback is irrelevant for buyers.  That ship has sailed a long time ago.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

At least if we could write something it would make us feel a little better....and maybe if their feedback score was not left at 100% that might give them the incentive to think twice about buying and not paying.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just the Feedback is enough I think no need to write a letter

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I personally like the way Ebay is now. They take care of the situation if someone does not pay and then I get my fees back and relist. No biggie to me. I like that I do not have to spend my time in any unpleasant situation with the buyer. I remember once in the good old days when a bidder from my auction complained to me that another bidder had contacted them and told them to stop bidding because they were paying too much...HA HA HA ..we have come a long way EBAY and although it is hard to stomach some of the nasties out there, it is better for me as a seller now. I also like that any time I have needed customer support regarding an iffy buyer, they have been GREAT. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Many things can happen to buyers.... Some they see coming... and some things are done anonymously.

(1)  If a buyer buys but does not pay,  seller files an Unpaid Item Dispute  (UID).  This goes on a buyer's record.  This buyer can be blocked by a seller based on buyer's ID.

and... if a blocked ID buys with a different ID they are in trouble in bypassing a block by a seller

(2) Potential buyers can be blocked en mass based on UID number  as well as other factors.

(3) Too many UID and that person can lose their buying privileges on eBay.

(4) If you have a problem buyer..... Buyer did pay......One can use the "Report a Buyer" Option...  This is anonymous  as the buyer does not know it is happening.

Sellers should report problem buyers.... and if enough sellers file reports.... buyers are in trouble,

Things are a changing... and sellers do benefit.... The most recent changes relate to feedback buyers leave.....  and ....Is that feedback ...negative of neutral...  appropriate?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sometimes  a potential buyer will ask a question,  or just not sound "right"   in an email  before they buy.... and that ID can be blocked....

There are ways to track down who left low ratings....   That is where a seller can block a specific ID from buying again....  

One can also block buyers based on country.

One also gets the impression that all buyers ( many buyers) from a specific country seem to "express" similar characteristics when buying on eBay... That is when a block by country works...  One calls this "buyer's temperament"..

Many buyers do not know about the many ways a seller can deal with problem buyers.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"told them to stop bidding because they were paying too much"

They should have been at a local auction yesterday..

Bidding was sky high... very high on signs and other memorabilia relating to advertising... specifically automobiles  and  Coca Cola.

Many times the bidding ....flew.... past $1000,  and as high as $9,000  for a "Black Cat sign"

A very rare gas delivery device... called a gas bowser.... an early gas pump system ... from the 1920's sold for $15,000

Some very small, highly collectable Coca Cola signs sold for about $1000... almost $100 a square inch

No body put on the brakes..... No hesitation with bidding.

People are friends before and after bidding.... Things are quite different during bidding....

The moral of the story....If you do not want to pay so much... stop bidding.....  

Except in those "rare" situations....  there will always be another auction with the same or similar item...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The  very large black cat sign, approximately four feet wide ... $9,000

Black Cat signsign

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

A $15,000 gas pump from the 1920's 

The value is in the two cylinders for holding gas...  unique to Canada, not made in the US.

In the old days  the gas was pumped into the cylinders, and it was gravity flow to an automobile

Message 10 of 10
latest reply