Ebay holding my money hostage and lying to me on multiple occasions

I have been treated horribly by ebay and lied to on 5 occasions about these holds on my money.

I sold 4 items that were expensive to ship. I had to BORROW money to ship them as ebay held my money.

When the first item was delivered on the 2nd of Feb I phoned to try and get the money to ship more items.

They assured me they released the funds and it would clear in 24 hours. I asked if they needed more info, they said no, my info is up to date and no problems.

Then came the "flaming hoops" to jump thru.

They needed pictures of my ID the next day.

I uploaded and phoned.

Again they assured me they released the funds and it would clear in 24 hours. I asked if they needed more info, they said no, my info is up to date and no problems.

the next day they needed more info, my id wasn't good enough because it needs a black background, ect.

I did all that, not good enough. They said maybe it was my full name was needed as "Chris" wasn't good enough all the time congratulating me on my 13+ years of loyal service to ebay.

I got that cleared up and again they assured me they released the funds and it would clear in 24 hours. I asked if they needed more info, they said no, my ifo is up to date and no problems.

The next day number 3, no money, action needed, micro deposits.

I provided the micro values and it said success

At this point I was very tired of being lied to and basically tortured by ebay so I held out till the day it said, the 10th, today.

Still no money.

I ended my other listings last week because I cant borrow any more money, thats ridiculous.

I've had a hold before and eventually they stopped doing it but they would release the money when I provided a tracking number. not this time.

They lied and strung me along and still today, no money.

They owe me $1300 and I had to borrow around $250 the ship the items.

So since last Wednsday I was lied to repeatedly, denied to speak to a supervisor several times and the promised resease date of 1 item has come and still noting.

I phoned today and 4 different agents refused to give me a supervisor.

dispicable

2021149.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I had to BORROW money to ship them as ebay held my money.

EBay will allow you to buy and print a shipping label from Held funds.

I phoned to try and get the money to ship more items.

Were these new sales, or were they older sales that had not been shipped?

You do know that Free Shipping is not actually free, right?

It means you include your shipping costs in the price you charge the buyer instead of breaking those costs out.

Which is cheaper : A $100 with $50 shipping or a $150 item with Free Shipping?

I phoned t

The phone reps are undertrained subcontractors in Utah. They have no authority.

Never ask for their advice or help.

If you want to communicate with eBay, use Chat or Twitter or FaceBook.

Those are (at least currently) actual employees with decent training and some power to help.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have never been able to use money Ebay is holding in order to buy a shipping label.  They will let you print it without paying up front, but if your funds are not released within a short time (3 days usually) Ebay will automatically charge your payment method on file without your permission.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Here are my "two cents"

Your payments are on hold because you have sold 3 high-value items in the last month using an account that last sold items over a year ago, before Managed Payments.

So, basically, you are a "new" account and are subject to holds and restrictions on your payments.

That is why your money is being held.

or

Your "Identity" has not been fully proved/verified for the folks at "MP"...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm getting the same thing 11 days no pay top rated seller and I get the thanks for your 15 years of loyalty but none of that pays my bills they owe me over $16,000 and think it's just fine
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM FEBRUARY 2022

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice may be out of date.

Do you have a Managed Payments account?

Did you provide eBay with acceptable information on your checking account with a Canadian bank?

Do all the account names match?

All your names must match.

• If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith,
  • you cannot have a bank account as J J  Jingleheimer Smith ,
  • a Managed Payment account as John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith,
  • and an eBay account as JJJ Smith.

You do know that the default transfer to your checking account is weekly on Tuesdays?

Are you on the optional monthly or daily transfers? Might you have accidentally changed to monthly?
There is a thread from Tuesday June 27 with many sellers reporting their normal weekly payments did not arrive until today (Wednesday). A couple of posters have asked devon@ebay  for an explanation.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

You have a sterling record, with very few neg/neut FB considering how many transactions you've had in the past year.

You would know if you were involved in any Disputes that led to Defects. Those don't show on public records, obviously.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply