Ebay protecting my sellers accout

Every month I seem to get an email form Ebay telling me how they have protected my Sellers Account. This month they say they have  prevented 2 ebay money back guarantees requests from buyers opening cases too early. I am assuming it is probably U.S buyers wondering where their item is 2 days after paying, and not really intending to open a case. I have zero defects, 5 star, 100% rating but knowing that a buyer is trying to open a case interests me and I wonder is there a way to find out which transaction ebay "saved" me from? When they say they have protected my account by not allowing the case for Money Back Guarantee to be opened. How do I know what the buyer was trying to dispute? Should I assume it it is just that they have not received it yet? Knowing which transaction would be really helpful so that if there is something that needs to be corrected from my end, I can correct it. I'm sure it's probably just anxious buyers looking for their goods too early even though I send them all a reminder email that goods are coming from Canada and I give hem the estimated time based n the service I use. It would still be nice to know the specific transaction though! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy ebay protects me from these claims but having details would be great. I also have a lot of repeat buyers so if it's someone that is always trying to open a case early I would love to know that too. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"Every month I seem to get an email form Ebay telling me how they have protected my Sellers Account."

I get the same.  Even when my store was closed for three months - no listings - no sales - they kept reminding me they had "protected my account", month after month!  Against what, may I ask?

Not much credibility there.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I got this months today as well.

In my case:

78 DSRs were change to 5 stars (this is the shipping and handling charges which are automagically set to 5 because I'm a "free shipping" kinda guy)

4 MBG requests from being opened too early in the last 2 months.

Just like amya, the MBG statement does me no good because I don't know who it was or why it was.

(Does too early mean too soon as in item delivery time, or does it mean they asked a question that could eventually maybe generate a return and "too early" means I didn't have time to respond or fix or what?)

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I too have gotten these messages, even though I had no sales.  (Closed for the winter).  I called ebay and questioned it.  The CS lady said, these are automatic random notices sent to "instill confidence" in sellers, that we are protected, and they have no basis in fact.  I wonder if she's still working there, since she actually answered my question. 🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Too early in relation to estimated delivery date.

The question usually is ... Where is my item?....This question is not allowed until the delivery date has been passed.

It is like this seller I found..

Seller says one day handling

But... This seller also states in all listings.....  Purchases are mailed on Tuesdays and Fridays of each week... so much for one day handling.... if postage is purchased  on Paypal/eBay...  This is when a confirmation of  tracking becomes important.  the first scan  by the post office

Many US sellers have experienced problems with getting that first scan by USPS...Evidently this situation with USPS might become a problem with Canada Post as well ....as indicated in another discussion.

Buyers who know how to follow tracking,  can get anxious if they cannot see the progress of their purchase through the postal system.

The question of .... where is my parcel  ....is critical  when one ships without tracking.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well, in a thread, in another place, one fellow was saved from being assassinated, twice. Another seller had a plumbing leak prevented, and I was not not carted away by Romulans.

I sleep better.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I got one of those "saved your bacon" messages too.  A bot must send them out en masse on the same day each month.  I've never bothered phoning eBay to find out what the MBG reversal was about -- I saw this message for what it was, more bumpf from eBay.  

Ludicrous, isn't it?  They create the MBG programme and then (because it's poorly conceived in the first place) have to keep telling us how they've protected us against it! 

If eBay really wants to lend a helping hand to sellers, there is a similar problem that has existed for some time that could easily be dealt with if eBay wanted to.  

After more than a year of providing 1 day (actually, usually same day) shipping on every purchase, I continue to get buyers who leave less than 5 stars for shipping time.  As a small seller, I simply can't do any more to get parcels on their way faster.  I'm not complaining about 3 or 4 stars from a customer, because I suspect in every case the buyer is looking at the total transit time, not the time to get it out the door (I know, I know, this is an old, worn-out subject).  

My issue is that eBay continues to allows that DSR to stand in such a way that buyers continue to misinterpret it. I'd be a lot happier if eBay would do something to protect me against that.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I too find those messages to be irritating. I was saved from 'one MBG' and had 'three transactions automatically set to five stars'. 

Did I really? I'd prefer to be able to double-check those myself since VALIDATED TRACKING to the USA does not always work.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply