Ebay selling fee’s were billed to my credit card instead of taken from PayPal Balance?

Hi Folks, I’ve just returned to using eBay after a few years absence and found that when I did a “one-time payment” from the eBay account, instead of taking the funds from my PayPal balance (as it used to do) it charged them to a credit-card I have on file?  How do I change this? On eBay account or Paypal account?

Thanks for any info 🙂

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay selling fee’s were billed to my credit card instead of taken from PayPal Balance?

It's a Paypal option for each merchant you deal with. Your default payment should be your paypal balance.

We have the opposite problem! I try to set mine up to default to my credit card, it always seems to take it out of my paypal balance...so I have to clean out my account when my bill is due, so it charges my credit card!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's a Paypal option for each merchant you deal with. Your default payment should be your paypal balance.

We have the opposite problem! I try to set mine up to default to my credit card, it always seems to take it out of my paypal balance...so I have to clean out my account when my bill is due, so it charges my credit card!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The option has to be correctly selected on both eBay and on PayPal.

On eBay you select the method you want to use.

On PayPal you have to select which money source is preferred.

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/

eBayeBayPayPalPayPal

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the reply 👍 I think I’ve managed to switch it over, fingers crossed 🤞🙂
Message 4 of 4
latest reply