Ebay system for dealing with listings is terribly crude, never meant for hundreds of products

My most actively-used pieces of information when selling are:

-Sold, Active listings, Unsold, (left-hand side), "selling reminders" (middle page) and "messages."  What is missing from this is  a one-click SEARCH mechanism.  People aren't all gifted with the ability to remember the specifics of hundreds of listed items.  If I want to SEE a specific listing, there is NO WAY to FIND it in the page shown below.  I've seen the "Seller Hub" which has a search bar (the old version anyway) but the Seller Hub is not as easy or fast to navigate as what is shown below.

ebay.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay system for dealing with listings is terribly crude, never meant for hundreds of products

If you have hundreds of products, you're meant by ebay to use what used to be Seller Manager and is now Seller Hub. This view you've screenshot is for casual sellers, it was never meant for managing a store or even more than a couple of dozen listings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Do you make use of the "Custom Field" when creating a listing?
This is the one and only field that can be bent to fit our own purpose.

For instance, it can be used to organise inventory making it much easier to locate an item within lengthy lists.

By using an alphanumeric system items can be grouped together by category and then numbered consecutively.

When the custom field is utilized tapping on the column header organizes the list first alphabetically, and second numerically.

An example would be;
BK0001
BK0002
BK0003
CA0001
CA0002
MU0001
MU0002
MU0003

BK = book
CA = catalogue
MU = music

The basic idea is to treat the custom field value as a unique SKU number.

This is a useful field for off ebay use too... for instance in a spreadsheet file or another marketplace.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply