Ebay website issues (deleting ended listings, editing listings etc.

Is anyone having trouble deleting ended listings? It's been 2 weeks and every time I click the checkmark/delete button to get rid of ended listings nothing happens and it just brings me back to the same page. I have several ended listings that I no longer have the items for and I CANNOT DELETE THEM!

Not only that but some of my listed items cannot be edited at times. I go to edit an item and it asks me for my login credentials again. When I log in once again it brings me back to my selling page in a continuous loop. Only on occasion some hours later does it auto correct itself but it has been happening for over a month!

How hard is it just to be able to maintain basic functions of a website **bleep**...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've deleted a few lately, so it isn't necessarily a website issue.

Although the deleted ones were duplicates of existing or sold items, which is a different problem and one that has been going on since at least 1998 when I first started listing here.

This could be something to draw to the attention of tyler@ebay   for the Wednesday chat .

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

These were listings I ended myself. They are listed now under the Unsold header. I try to delete them myself by selecting the entry with the checkmark and then hitting the delete button and nothing happens (the page just reloads).

Sorry if I wasn't clear i'm just frustrated by the issues with ebay.ca late.

I'm not sure what the Wednesday chat is. If there was a customer service e-mail I could contact the company but all I know of us these boards.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The weekly chat is a Q & A session with an ebay employee where sellers ask questions, or as in your case, report site issues that they have been unable to resolve on their own.

As you can imagine, some questions are easily and helpfully answered straight away, others often require the ebay representative to query the departments responsible for various operations within ebay. The answers and / or results often are not what we would have hoped, disappointing even, but every so often a difficult problem is resolved.

The chat is a very good means of getting problems reported to someone at ebay who is listening.

Chats typically occur on Wednesday mornings, have your question prepared well ahead of time and ready to post. A clear and concise description of your problem is essential, attaching a screenshot(s) of the problem is worth a 1000 words.

Next Chat March 31st. Maybe read through a few past chats to get an idea of the format. Some weeks are of little interest, others can be quite helpful.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073?sort=recent

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've had the same problem for a while now too. Not able to end listings or delete them or edit them. Sometimes I find a way to do it, but I need to click on many pages to get where I want to go.  Nothing is easy anymore.  How I miss the Classic view page. Everything was easy to access. But eBay thinks they need to "improve" things that were working just fine.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have been having this same problem for about two weeks as well. 

Everytime I try to delete ended listings, drafts or sold listings ,

the page does not reload as normal and the items are not deleted.

After hitting delete, the page re-opens on the "ACTIVITY"  page

instead of staying on the same page.

My "MY eBAY page is getting cluttered.

tyler@ebay   Hope this can be corrected. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If a listing is ended it will stay in the ended  file for listings for about 90 days...

If you revise an ended listing , this becomes a relist of the ended listing.

A record of transactions will stay on eBay for 90 days....  and then disappear.

Why delete listings  if they will disappear after 90 days  when they are in a file....  I have never deleted any listings that were not active on eBay....  I may find new inventory  and then use the listing for this new inventory.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps!

Hi @mbjtrading  - that doesn't sound right, if you can get me screenshots of what you're seeing that will be incredibly helpful. I'm no longer able to see those particular pages within your account for security reasons. Which I understand, but it does make troubleshooting issues like this a little tricky, so I may end up asking you for multiple screenshots or to try a few different things. 

As a first opening salvo of questions, will you have a look at these and let me know:

• Which browsers have you tried this with (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc)? Please try from multiple browsers if you have them installed.  
  • Are you accessing eBay from a saved favorite or shortcut? Using a favorite like this is a great time saver but can also lead to unusual issues if the link is from a page that is outdated. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@cumos55 

I use my Unsold List to keep items in abeyance that I will relist Real Soon Now but for one reason or another don't want to have up just now.  Those would stay.

I also have the Duplicates I keep complaining about  and those I want to delete since I already have them listed. Like you, most of my listings are OOAK.

Then there are the items I have Sold but which I may have again. But I don't keep those on eBay, because I don't trust the site.  They are in a folder, with HTML coding, on my desktop for the next time I find a copy.

There are many reasons for ignoring the Unsold List, but many for keeping it cleaned up of unneeded posts.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply