Fedex Shipping Label to the UK: No Customs Form?

ct-v
Community Member

I purchased a Fedex shipping label for an order to the UK for the first time today. To my biggest surprise, the label only had the address of the recipient on it. A few weeks ago I sent a package with a Fedex label to Greece and there was a separate customs form with the item description and value. Is it normal that this information is not on the Fedex label to the UK. Is the information transmitted electonically?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

These days, the standard is to have all the necessary customs documentation included electronically within the barcode. I send things to the States via UPS all the time and there isn't any customs declaration visible on the label.

I haven't shipped anything to the UK via FedEx before but If that's what it gave you when you created the label then it should be good to go.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I used UPS many years ago for regular shipping to the US, this was well before electronic transmission of customs information. At that time the customs documents were completely separate from the actual shipping label (1 or 2 pages enclosed in a pouch on the outside of the package).

Currently I'm using APC or PostNL via Stallion, the APC labels have the customs info integrated, the PostNL labels do not (just address and bar code). For both the customs declaration has to be inputted to be able to print a label.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply