Feedback On Cancelled Items

Hello Everyone, my first visit here in the forums, hoping for some advise. A customer purchased an item, and asked for a refund, which I promptly gave, no questions asked. In my seller dashboard, it says I need t leave feedback for this customer. Is it common practice to give feedback to customers who ask for refunds ( they are no longer a customer, and do not have your product, so what is feedback based on ? ) Any advise, greatly appreciated, thank you!

Kimberley Rose

Kim Rose Colored Glass

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Great advise, thanks so much for your help, much appreciated! Woman Happy

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

If you refunded and Cancelled, that FVF (Final Value Fee) will be refunded to you, or credited to your account.

It's not your fault the order was cancelled in this case, after all.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Great news, thank you Woman Happy

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I find it confusing trying to figure out the rules regarding cancellations.

I'm thinking that they're mixing it up a bit (keeps us on our toes) because one day it seems to be one way and the next it's a little different.

It does seem to be very confusing lately.  In the past, 99% of people who cancelled would reply to the cancellation request right away.  But I don't remember anyone replying in the last 6 months which is what led me to believe they don't have that option. Plus, I've read quite a few posts on the .com boards about buyers no longer being able to reply so now I am even more confused about it all.  

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It does seem to be very confusing lately.  In the past, 99% of people who cancelled would reply to the cancellation request right away.  But I don't remember anyone replying in the last 6 months which is what led me to believe they don't have that option. Plus, I've read quite a few posts on the .com boards about buyers no longer being able to reply so now I am even more confused about it all.  

You're right.  I have not had the option to agree or disagree lately.  I just wasn't sure if this was the new system or if I just couldn't find my way to it.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

The last Cancel Order that I had to deal with came in mid-August. Have you had others more recently? Maybe something did change. Also, I wold not be surprised to learn there is a difference in how order cancellation requests are handled on ebay.com versus ebay.ca. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The last Cancel Order that I had to deal with came in mid-August. Have you had others more recently? Maybe something did change. Also, I wold not be surprised to learn there is a difference in how order cancellation requests are handled on ebay.com versus ebay.ca. 

I have more than my share of cancelled orders when I buy. The GSP has made cancellations common place.

I work out shipping costs prior to bidding and some sellers will agree before I bid but when I win many sellers will not honour their agreements either because it's very confusing for them or they just don't want to.  Either way that leads to cancellations and most of these occur when the item sells for less than expected.

So, yes I've had cancelled orders from the buyers side and the process changes from day to day.

It seems that sellers can cancel orders very easily without repercussions other than possibly the stress of anticipating NFB.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

That said, I currently have a buyer who is stressing over shipping costs which are very high to CZ.  

I can't decide if I should cancel the order or let it ride and then start the non-paying process in a few weeks?

I do know that buyers can still pay and proceed with the transaction even if the seller has cancelled the order.  That may be glitch but maybe not.

Can buyers leave FB when they get a strike for not paying?  I'm pretty that they used to be able to but maybe that's another thing that's been changed recently.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

....Can buyers leave FB when they get a strike for not paying?  I'm pretty that they used to be able to but maybe that's another thing that's been changed recently.

No. The conclusion of an Unpaid Item Strike with no payment means the buyer cannot leave feedback.

As we have been discussing, both parties can still leave feedback after a cancelled order.

For that reason alone, I'd go with opening an UI on your buyer in question.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

The last Cancel Order that I had was in mid-September. The buyer had to agree to it. So the rules have not changed. At least not on eBay.ca. Maybe on .com... as a buyer, I very, very rarely ask for a cancellation (I think it must have happened maybe 2 or 3 times in 15 years).

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Interesting. There must be some reason that accounts for the differences in our experiences with it, though. Maybe we should ask Raphael at Board Hour. 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply