Free 1000 30-days Fixed Price listing Mar 24-29

Yay, I got it! Smiley Very Happy

This promo requires Activation, invite only, and it's only for 30-days Fixed Price listing. No relists, (sell similar will probably work).

See link -- http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0324/ListFree.html 

Terms and conditions (read it carefully!)

*Final value and optional upgrade fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

†The average price is calculated on final sale prices for items sold in auction-style and fixed price formats in used condition over a 7-day period ending March 11, 2015. Shipping and handling costs not included in calculation. Because this is an average price, the actual price may vary. No representation is made that any item will sell at a particular price.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?
Sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per newly listed item (relisted items not included) ("Promotion") for up to 1,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the monthly insertion fee promotion, and/or any other insertion fees that are included as part of your Store subscription.

The Promotion only applies to listings with 30-day duration, and does not apply to relisted items, final value fees, or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 5 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards.

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on Tuesday, March 24, 2015, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Sunday, March 29, 2015, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Tuesday, March 24, 2015, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Sunday, March 29, 2015, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only), or eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The Promotion excludes the following: relisted items, items listed in the auction-style or auction-style with Buy It Now format, and items listed with 3-day, 5-day, 7-day, 10-day or Good ‘Til Cancelled durations.
  • The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to a seller activating the offer or with a start date prior to Tuesday, March 24, 2015 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to Tuesday, March 24, 2015, but after a seller activates the Promotion, which are scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, are eligible for the Promotion.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Can you please advise how you can use "sell similar" to get around the prohibition against re-listing?

Since Christmas, I don't think there has been a single free listing offer that has permitted free RE-listing. I am about to quit using eBay to sell anything if that's the case. The items I sell have such low prices that any listing fee is prohibitive.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Unsold folder, drop down menu, one at a time, "sell similar". It is working.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I will have to check that out. I've just "converted" over to the selling manager, and hopefully that option resides there also. I have about 400 listings to do. I'm hoping that the option to "sell similar" works in the bulk relisting system also.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I do one at a time as I am adjusting prices and moving to "free" shipping.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Guess I will have to set aside a few evenings to do this. I also have to adjust all my shipping costs (thanks Canada Post!).
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@murrayw211 wrote:

Can you please advise how you can use "sell similar" to get around the prohibition against re-listing?

Since Christmas, I don't think there has been a single free listing offer that has permitted free RE-listing. I am about to quit using eBay to sell anything if that's the case. The items I sell have such low prices that any listing fee is prohibitive.

You can also check off as many "check boxes", next to your items in your unsold folder, as you like and then simply click on the "Sell Similar" button at the bottom of the page. You then will have all of your selections in the one window  whatever it is called (I just refer to it as the bulk editor)

From there you just edit away as normal and list your items. I do this on a regular basis as I don't use relist any more and use "sell similar" in this manner all the time. Beats doing them one at a time from the radio button.

Cheers,

thD

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I was flat rating in US dollars. My hipping cost have gone DOWN 30% over the last two years. I am now making 30% MORE on each widget.

Why are you separating out one cost? Do you separate out each cost, such as, office equipment, heating, gas for the car, shipping supplies, packing tape, bubble mailers, etc? I roll everything into COGS.

Because of the drop of the dollar I can roll shipping into the price and compete against US sellers very easily.

CP is not part of my cost equation, not at all.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thaks for the tip!
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
I was flat rating in US dollars. My hipping cost have gone DOWN 30% over the last two years. I am now making 30% MORE on each widget.

Why are you separating out one cost? Do you separate out each cost, such as, office equipment, heating, gas for the car, shipping supplies, packing tape, bubble mailers, etc? I roll everything into COGS.

Because of the drop of the dollar I can roll shipping into the price and compete against US sellers very easily.

CP is not part of my cost equation, not at all.

You are extremely lucky in that sense. The items you sell apparently have enough margin in them and the shipping cost is low enough for you to do that. In many cases however, sellers that sell anything over 500 grams in weight , and even worse, over 1kg, cannot roll their shipping costs into their selling price with that ease especially given the competitive nature of most selling categories. Margins have gone down immensely even in just the short 3 years that I have been doing this online. In the 25 years that I have been doing this over-all margins have sunk to depressing lows in many categories, including most of the antique, collectibles, vintage etc. With every Canada Post increase the number of items that I can sell diminishes as the cost to ship becomes prohibitive to sales when compared against the cost of the item.

2 years ago i could ship a $25 collectible coffee mug to California for about $10-$11 CDN. Now it's $17. Needless to say I am not selling many $25 collectibles these days and you may scoff at an item like that and it's low value but when you can knock off even as few as 10 of them a week they add up.

Anyway, getting O/T here.

What I am interested in actually as pertains to this thread is why the "30 Day" listing option to get the freebie. What is Ebay up to with this? I never use 30 day listings as to my understanding, if an item doesn't sell it plummets down the search results the longer the listing sits. A new listing every 7 days keeps your item higher in the search results is my understanding.

Thoughts?

thD

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

It's 30 days partially because it's a 6 day promo, if they included 1, 3 or 5 day listings sellers some people would "double-dip", list 500 for 5 days and then the same 500 for 30 days or even 300 for 3 days and then the same again for 3...and then again for 30!

Don't forget these are fixed price listings, they can be multi-quantity, you might sell 1 on day 2, 1 on day 6, 1 on day 17, 1 on day 23 etc. Those sales will push the listing higher and higher in best Match (if that actually means anything).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I roll my shipping costs in at over 500 grams. There is no difference in $23+$16 and $39 "free". You are still selling the same thing at the same price.

Actually, what I have done with many widgets is $23+$16=$43 "free" shipping. It actually works.
Photobucket
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

lol now my ebay message notification for this promo just arrived... 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Same here, the eBay message for the promo arrived in the last hour or two.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

No email from eBay advising of the promotion that started yesterday morning

No message  from eBay in "my messages" advising of the promotion that started yesterday morning

Yes my "preferences" have always been set up to receive all offers from eBay.  sometimes they come one way, sometimes the other way, sometimes both ways and sometimes they simply do not,  This is one of these times.

Yet, the offer is available in my Selling Manager home page.

I have given up asking eBay staff and management about the communication problem.  They are very creative in finding excuses including blaming members for the lack of adequate communication.  Let's face it: it is our fault if we do not get notification from eBay!  Accepting responsibility for their problems is and has always been against eBay's culture. (blame their lawyers for that!)

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

From the promo information:

"Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email"

Yet, here's an interesting twist -- this time (unlike most) I actually received an email, a day late, but we won't quibble over a day.  

When I clicked on the "activate offer" button in the email, here's the screen I got.  I was thinking -- BUT YOUR EMAIL JUST INVITED ME! Woman LOL

(Fortunately I was able to activate the offer from my "Summary" page).  EBay still can't seem to get these promos working correctly, even after all this time of trying.  

ScreenShot-Promo-Mar25.jpg

Message 16 of 16
latest reply