Why do all free listing promotional offers now seem to exclude relistings?

Hello everyone.

I sell used CDs on eBay, and because of their low sale prices I can only afford to list items for sale when there are free listing promotions that include relistings. Since the beginning of 2015, i can't remember a single free listing promotion that included relistings. All seem to have explicitly excluded free listings.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can use sell similar for those promotions so that you qualify.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Gotcha. it's just an irritant to see eBay exclude relistings, and they've really ramped up that exclusion this year. We're lucky if we can use the "sell similar" loophole.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I kinda of miss of "relisting" because with "similar", I have to remember which items I just "relisted" by using "similar" so I can delete them from my "unsold items" inventory after using similar each time.  Very tricky, sometimes I came up with "duplicate listings".  Wonder if it the purpose for eBay to not to include "relisting" so we get into trouble for "duplicate listing"?  I wouldn't be surprised!!  LOL.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I seem to be able to use "sell similar" with items that were fixed priced but when I try to use it with items that were auction & change to fixed it is charging. Anyone else finding this. I have always been able yo do this in the past with no relist offers. This is the first time I have had a problem.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@katlover1952 wrote:
I seem to be able to use "sell similar" with items that were fixed priced but when I try to use it with items that were auction & change to fixed it is charging. Anyone else finding this. I have always been able yo do this in the past with no relist offers. This is the first time I have had a problem.

The current promo is for 30 days only. Did you remember to change to 30 days?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you Poco. I thought I had changed it to 30 but was using my iPad & sometimes when you change it it reverts back to what was there originally of you don't wait long enough for it to reload properly. Just tried again now & it worked. Thanks!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Wonder if it the purpose for eBay to not to include "relisting" so we get into trouble for "duplicate listing"?  I wouldn't be surprised!!  LOL.

More likely it is an attempt to discourage the listing of stale, low value and /or low demand items.

In the same vein, if you used Good Til Cancelled, after 16 months of automatic relists, you would get a Note on the aged listings letting you know that they have had no sales in all that time.

I sometimes ignore it, since my items can spend a long time in stock before finding a buyer and with my low purchase costs and Store fees at a nickel a month  I don't think this is significant is not significant,

The only 'trouble' I've seen on duplicate listings is the notification that I am about to duplicate a listing. If this really is a different item, I can then back up and rewrite the title to show the differences.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply