Free Shipping - How to adjust for International shipping cost

OK, so I am going to break down and try Free Shipping on some of my items. I've figured out the Prices, but now I am wondering how I adjust the shipping cost to US so that they do not have to pay the extra amount that I have added on to the price of the item.

For Example: If I want 7 dollars for an item and Domestic Shipping flat rate is 3 dollars, so I list it for 10 dollars. That's great, but I have to ship the item via Small Packet for USA. How can I subtract the added 3 dollars from USA sales, so that I still offer the 7 dollar cost to USA customers. 

I'm thinking Calculated Shipping Rules might be the way to do this, but I'm not sure. I also thought I could just use Flat Rate to USA and plug in the cost of Small Packet USA for that weight minus the 3 dollars, but I will still want to print a shipping label through Shippo. Does anyone know if I list Flat Rate, will the transaction still show up in my Shippo orders so that I can print out a shipping label? 

As I write this, I'm almost ready to can the idea altogether. It just seems so silly to go through all this manipulation to my listings, not to mention my bookkeeping,  just so I can tell someone that shipping is free. I'm willing to try though, if, as they tell me,  it will help with sales.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Does anyone know if I list Flat Rate, will the transaction still show up in my Shippo orders so that I can print out a shipping label?

Yes of course.

The actual shipping service (and its cost) can be changed once you have made the sale and Shippo accommodates this.

For example, you may decide to add Signature Confirmation to an item that sells for over $500, not because it is required by eBay, but for your own peace of mind.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I use Flat Rate.

Domestic Flat Rate is the Free Shipping and as you say, you have $3 in your asking price to cover that.

USA would be the cost of shipping to the USA (say $5) minus the $3 you already allowed. So the USA Flat Rate would be $2.00.

And International (say $10) would be $7.00.

Now most of your sales will be to the USA so actually the lowest rate might be $3 to the USA and $5 to Canada. So there is that to consider.

Actually that's why any items I can ship at Flat Rate/Free Shipping are listed on dotCOM with Free Shipping to the USA and $0.00 as shipping to Canada.

International Shipping is NEVER Free Shipping. Way too expensive.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Does anyone know if I list Flat Rate, will the transaction still show up in my Shippo orders so that I can print out a shipping label?

Yes of course.

The actual shipping service (and its cost) can be changed once you have made the sale and Shippo accommodates this.

For example, you may decide to add Signature Confirmation to an item that sells for over $500, not because it is required by eBay, but for your own peace of mind.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply