Free Shipping? Maybe not!

Take a look at 151567943795

It is a hard cover book: Red Notice by Bill Browder

This very experienced seller has over half million feedback rating.  That is an impressive number.

Yet, he uses "free shipping" in the title while "free shipping" in fact only applies domestically ($20 to ship a book to Canada). 

He should know better.  eBay should know better than let him get away with it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ya - I've seen that a lot lately, looks like sales bigotry. Hurts much more if you actually want the item.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

... And he use this ''stratageme'' with most of his items...

Is this against ebay ruling ?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I've seen this for a very long time from US sellers. "Free shipping" but within the listing it's to the lower 48 states only. I think that this is probably a loop hole accepted by eBay. Because the seller is indeed offering "free shipping". They do not, however, ever state in their titles "free shipping worldwide". I'd be suprised if eBay took any action.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I too have seen this time and time again. I don't pay any attention to it anymore, I just go right to the shipping section. It seems that some US sellers think  only of their US customers, and market only to them, and forget ebay.com has many international customers too.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I've seen that time and time again.  I just automatically assume it's meant for U.S. buyers only and, if I'm interested, I'll check to see what Canadian shipping costs are.

I never viewed it as being deceitful -- perhaps it is.

(That's the next book I'm going to buy -- it's around $20 at various online sites, with free shipping.)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply