Free Shipping Option on eBay.ca only available to Canadian buyers . Why ?

I have a very aggressive discount with UPS and I do a lot of free shipping to the Lower 48 States and lower Canada.

When a Canadian look at my listing he sees the big Green Free Shipping sign so it is very attractive but on the US site I have to put 0.01 Cents and some buyer may thing they will get hit with big shipping fees somehow.

Is there a way to have the free shipping thing in Green for my US potential buyers ?

Martin.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

When I list on either site ebay.ca or eBay.com (I use both sites), the domestic option on each site has a check box for Free Shipping.  To get Free Shipping on International destinations, I put $0.00 as the shipping cost. There is no Free Shipping check box like domestic. So it is not intuitive that $0.00 will give you Free Shipping in the listing for International options.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I list all my items currently on ebay.ca 
Here are the setting I use for the Free Shipping Banner to show up for both Canadians & Americans.

Free Shipping.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what is your average shipping cost for a 1 Lb item?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

One caveat to using those setting is, it means you provide free shipping to AK/GU/PR/HI/VI. With your items free to Alaska might be a problem. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

One caveat to using those setting is, it means you provide free shipping to AK/GU/PR/HI/VI. With your items free to Alaska might be a problem. 

One of the interesting quirks on eBay.ca shipping options with US protectorates like GU/PR/VI is how they are treated as part of the USA or not depending on the shipping option selected.

If you choose a Canada Post option like International Letter-post or Light Packet USA or Small Packet USA, then GU/PR/VI are considered part of the USA and will get the USA rate. This is because the Canada Post option know they are part of the USA.

If you choose a generic option like Standard Int'l Shipping then GU/PR/VI are not considered part of the USA and will get the International rate.

So you can partially control the shipping for some of the USA territories.

HI and AK cannot be controlled on eBay.ca using this quirk.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@decal-fx wrote:

One of the interesting quirks on eBay.ca shipping options with US protectorates like GU/PR/VI is how they are treated as part of the USA or not depending on the shipping option selected.

If you choose a Canada Post option like International Letter-post or Light Packet USA or Small Packet USA, then GU/PR/VI are considered part of the USA and will get the USA rate. This is because the Canada Post option know they are part of the USA.

If you choose a generic option like Standard Int'l Shipping then GU/PR/VI are not considered part of the USA and will get the International rate.

I list on .com. I print my labels from PP Shipping. I get the correct rate every single time. Any destination with a Zip Code and I get $8.03, $10.66, $16.03 every time to Guam, PR, VI, Marianas Islands, APO/FPO.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@decal-fx wrote:

I list on .com. I print my labels from PP Shipping. I get the correct rate every single time. Any destination with a Zip Code and I get $8.03, $10.66, $16.03 every time to Guam, PR, VI, Marianas Islands, APO/FPO.

Poco isn't referring to the actual cost when printing labels.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply