Funds are on hold too

It looks like my funds are on hold too.

The only thing different that happened before Ebay asked me to validate my banking information was an increase in sales over a 2-3 days period. That was it.

I thought I could clear this up with ease but it wasn't as simple as I thought.

Ebay asked me to sign in to my bank account through a pop-up "secure" window. I did successfully and this didn't validate me.

Next option was to provide my banking number they have on file. I did and Ebay wouldn't accept the number.

Now I'm waiting 2-3 business days for Ebay to send out two payments of less than $1.00 (it's been 24 hours and they have yet to send out these payments) so I may confirm the exact amount they send me in order to validate my banking info.

I hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Funds are on hold too

To put an end to my post, about 2-3 days ago I received the 2 small deposits from Ebay to my bank account. From there I was able to verify the amounts on Ebay Canada.

Ebay said my account is now updated.

I never changed my bank info previously and until Ebay stepped in, my payments were coming in like clockwork.

I have no idea what the purpose was behind this exercise. I can only guess this excercise was to make sure I was an actual human being and/or to make sure my account wasn't being used by a scammer.

I had noticed over the past few years 2 major accounts in both age and feedback, suddenly went down in flames by failing to deliver goods that were purchased. When it came to getting answers, both accounts would not reply to angry buyers. One even vacated physical space and did a runner.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply