Google ad shows free shipping on my eBay listing, but it isn't free

A potential buyer says he saw one of my items on a Google search, which said free shipping. Clicking on it led to my eBay listing, were it shows the postage cost. I listed it on eBay a few months ago, with buyer-paid shipping, not free. I just did the same Google search and came up with it too, see screenshot. No idea why it says free shipping. I've never checked Google for any of my ebay listings before, might be a good idea, though what can be done about the free shipping bit I'm not sure. 

Screenshot clapper.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

On the plus side of course is that your listing made it front and center on a google search! I tried searching it from Google and it brought me to your listing but it shows me "Shipping not specified", then if you click on that it says "Contact seller for costs". I tried it again directly from eBay here and it says the same thing "Shipping not specified". If there is no cost linked to the listing I guess it puts in free shipping!? BUT that is when I do it from my computer. I tried the app and it showed the shipping price. Yet another issue where things are okay on the app but NOT if using a computer.

In this particular case I would think people searching for The Clapper might be old enough to remember those commercials from the 80's (I know I have the chant stuck in my head as I write!) and they are getting the shipping not specified.

They seem to be gearing more stuff as if everyone is using their mobile device, I do both but when I can I prefer the computer. Not sure if you looked on both computer and phone but letting you know what I see on my end.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm seeing your listing on Google. And yes, it does say Free Shipping.

But the eBay listing has a price for shipping to Canada (BC) and to the USA (90210).

I was on my desktop.

The error is Google's, I suspect. Did you ever have it with Free Shipping? Often a Google Search will turn up a listing that is months old and no longer active.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Off topic - did you know that you can turn your pictures when you have uploaded them by clicking on the pencil icon then on the round arrow icon ?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply