Can't separate Can. shipping costs from the rest of the world?

If you are listing on ebay.com, you can set shipping costs for "domestic"which is shipping to the U.S.  However, unlike before where you would set a shipping cost for Canada and there was as message saying, "shipping to other countries, customer contacts seller for costs" the only cost is for the ENTiRE world, meaning, if you set a cost for Canada and then choose to allow other countries to buy, THEY  get the SAME cost as Canada, which is ridiculous.  This has caused me problems until I just  excluded all other countries but Canada and the U.S.  Not good for a seller who previously did a lot of international sales.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I havent listed on .com in at lest 3 years. But If I recall there was an option to "add another service" like there is with .ca (for .ca I have 3 boxes: domestic for Canada, International for USA and then International "add another service" for the rest of the world)

For the first price box you would exclude all countries except Canada and this would be your Canadian rate

Then for the "add aditional location" section you would excluded Canada and apply all the other countries you want to mail to and put your price

Is that not a thing anymore? or this is what you did before and they removed it?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Go to International Shipping.

Click to turn the switch on the right blue

first stupid design error

Scroll way  down and make sure you are shown as being in Canada.

This involves more scrolling.

Correct location and scroll back up to International Shipping.

Scroll back up to International Shipping

Click on Additional Services

Click on one of the three International Shipping choices that does not give a shipper (UPS/USPS/etc)

click on Ships World wide.

Click on Destination

Click on Canada

Click on Done.

Narrator: You are not done

Back to International Services

Enter Flat Rate

Click on those three stupid little dots on the right.

Choose Destination

You are back with a new box and choose Worldwide again.

Repeat again and again until you have a flat rate for as many countries as you want (I use the same one for Europe Japan and Australia YMMV)

Curse the nitwit who thought this was easier.

PROTIP-- LOOK FOR THE THREE STUPID LITTLE DOTS.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It's theTerribleHorrible No Good VeryBad new selling form.

devon@ebay 

This is the most aggravating stupid and badly designed part of the form.

Obviously the person who designed it does not have a passport and thinks that Hawai'i is a small town in Kenya and Alaska is an island.

It was not designed to encourage sellers to ship outside the USA- even as eBay comes up with a new compulsory method for overseas shipping.

It's enough to make one rude.

"...you empty-headed animal food trough whopper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Message 4 of 4
latest reply