Has anyone had issues lately with buyers seeing free shipping on their end when in fact it was not?

A couple of times in the past month, I have had buyers win an auction or buy it now then when they go to pay it shows as free shipping on their end when in fact I have a calculated shipping option on my listing (no free shipping).  I believe it is the Ebay app that is showing this.    It is very frustrating because the buyer is unable to pay until I send them an invoice and also they insist on the free shipping that they see on their screen!  I'm worried about upsetting buyers and getting negative feedback over something that I have no control over.  I have had to write in my listing description that I do not offer free shipping and to please contact me for a quote if it does not show up, but is there anything else I can do? Does anyone have any pointers?  Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Has anyone had issues lately with buyers seeing free shipping on their end when in fact it was n

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice given in them may be out of date or misleading.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Re: Has anyone had issues lately with buyers seeing free shipping on their end when in fact it was n

As a buyer, I did encounter that problem a few times. When I looked at one of my orders, the shipping was marked as "free" (in words). But the total was increased by watever amount I paid.

Exemple:

Item $10.00

Shipping: free

Total: $15.00

This is indeed very confusing!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Oh boy! I should have looked at the date before replying! LOL! Still, the issue is still there sometimes. So the problem has not been fixed. That's why I did not think to look at the date of the OP's message. 😉
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

izzame
Community Member
I get the "free shipping" showing after a purchase. I live in Canada, list on .ca, and the buyer lives in Canada. Listing I do not offer free shipping, I use calculated. Funny thing is, it only shows up as free for this one particular buyer. Luckily, he understands, knows this site is full of "glitches" and only uses ebay for a few specific sellers. He has told me that he only checks his usual sellers then is out of here to more user friendly sites.
Message 24 of 24
latest reply