Heavy parcel from Canada to the UK

htc_can
Community Member

Hello all! So I have someone interested in buying a few boxes of dinner plates from me. It's going to be almost 11kg in weight. Clearly Canada Post is cost prohibitive. I haven't yet used any of the other services out there. Would you recommend my using a Chit Chats or Shippo?  It would be my first time. Any advice? Thanks much!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Check out Chit Chats or Stallion Express (both are in the Toronto area).

Shippo is best when shipping from the USA.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Also check out this one if you are in Toronto.   You buy a USPS label from pirateship or someone, and pay a handling fee for the service -  -  $.75 for 5 pounds, $1.25 for 10 pounds, $3 for $20, etc.     

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/

Worth checking out the other alternatives as well. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Also check out this one if you are in Toronto.   You buy a USPS label from pirateship or someone, and pay a handling fee for the service -  -  $.75 for 5 pounds, $1.25 for 10 pounds, $3 for $20, etc.     

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/

Worth checking out the other alternatives as well. 

The OP says the order is from the UK, USPS would be even more expensive than Canada Post.

I use Stallion, without knowing the exact dimensions I could only get a rough idea of the cost, somewhere in the $125 - $150 range (full tracking, delivery in about 10 business days).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Wow, I have sent some lighter stuff and USPS was less expensive,  Wish we had Stallion here. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's not always consistent.  USPS is generally lower cost than Canada Post, but be careful because there are differences in measuring systems and of course foreign exchange.

With the US dollar rising at the moment, Canadians are at a disadvantage buying anything from the US, but we do well when we can buy in Canada and sell in the USA.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply