Hello!!?? Are there any buyers out there?

Hi ebay sellers.  Been a seller for many many years on ebay.  Took the summer off essentially, just a couple of listings that just sat and sat.  Considered putting up more but not sure if there is a point.  The few that are  up have will not sell, no matter what I do.  Raise price and offer free shipping?  Nope.  Llower price and offer actual shipping? Nope.  

My listings are the lowest price with shipping pretty consistently.  M6 feedback is stellar.

and I truly missing something?  Am I somehow being hampered in searches?  Is this just the new normal?  

Not looking for a pity party, just wondering if the ebay ship has truly sailed.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @piterpater005 - welcome back!

The items you have listed for sale currently seem to be very specific collector's items that may be more of a 'long-tail' inventory than a quick turnaround. 

Are these items you've typically seen convert quickly?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's generally accepted that the more items you have available for sale, the more likely you are to sell one of them.

You still have 50 Free Listings every month, and with the recent changes to Fixed Price listings, they will relist every 30 days with no charge and no extra labour until they either sell or you take them down.

Going only by feedback, you seem to have about four sales a month on average- but not everyone leaves FB so perhaps eight or ten sales is normal?

BTW on that Persona 5-- perhaps you would generate interest by using the second picture, with everything included, rather than just the one bit.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I was curious why one of your items says "Christmas Delivery Not Available" 

I can not understand why you would be unable to deliver in time for Christmas. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thats how long its been listed. 😣
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Not quickly, but not months either. Especially when my item should be attractively priced.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks femme, always good advice. Will definitely update that listing with better photos and put more things up. Just not sure its worth the considerable effort any longer.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

izzame
Community Member
lack of visibility .... not your fault ... it's the ebay way
You can read many threads on and off ebay regarding this
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In last year sales dropped by 50%, lowest point was 75%. In general 5 times lower than was couple of years ago. Tried to get rid of inventory, but it's simply not happening.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply