Help: How do I send an invoice to a buyer to pay again after a refund though eBay without PayPal?

Hello, Phoenix here again, with another learning curve...

A buyer submited a "not recived" claim. I gave them a full refund before time was up. Buyer recived item and asked for me to send them an invoice to pay again. I can not find an answer nor do I see any options anywhere to request a buyer to pay again in the order options or seller hub. Am I missing it? Do I just have to ask for their PayPal email to do it personaly through PayPal to request money? 

Thank you for your time and help, much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help: How do I send an invoice to a buyer to pay again after a refund though eBay without PayPal?

As far as I know you are allowed to exchange email addresses after a purchase, so you can get their email address to send a PAYPAL invoice that way.

Another option instead of using PAYPAL is to create a special just for them ebay item. You create it, they buy and pay for it, you mark it shipped and its done. You will pay the ebay fees again, but you got the other fees back when ebay refunded you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I know you are allowed to exchange email addresses after a purchase, so you can get their email address to send a PAYPAL invoice that way.

Another option instead of using PAYPAL is to create a special just for them ebay item. You create it, they buy and pay for it, you mark it shipped and its done. You will pay the ebay fees again, but you got the other fees back when ebay refunded you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@phoenixhobbies 

As a secondary option if they wanted to use the eBay listing route they could make it as pick up only. That way no shipping/tracking info would be required. Not perfect but better.

-Lotz

As a side it could help for new sellers so they  could get holds  released if they can get the customers cooperation to leave feedback for a sucessful sale. As per one other post buyer feedback was a requirement to have funds released vs tracked confirmed delivery. Tracked delivery is not really a reasonable mindset for low value orders/or even returns.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you kindly.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I had this situation come up a few weeks ago. Even though the transaction was complete and the buyer had been fully refunded I was unable to request an (or send them my) email address through eBay messages without it being automatically flagged. However I think this is because the original purchase was more than 90 days ago and therefore it had already been removed from my "Paid and Shipped" orders by eBay. I would be curious if anyone has been able to successfully request an e-mail address directly through the order details of a listing that is still active on eBay (i.e. less than 90 days old).

In any case, I ended up doing it via your latter suggestion; just made a "special" listing for the buyer and he re-bought it. Marked it as shipped once he paid and so far hasn't been an issue.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply