Help! Shipping options to the USA Not Working/Not showing up

Hey, I'm really hoping an experienced seller can help me out here. I have contacted Ebay 3 TIMES and not once have they been a lick of help! I'm losing patience and contemplating switching to a different online marketplace.

-I only am shipping to Canada and the US.

-Canadian shipping options, rates and calculator all work well.

-and I tested it, International shipping rates and calculator also work well.

- for my auctions I select Calculated Shipping, and tick the "United States" box.

My problem is that not ONE SINGLE USA shipping option I try shows up for the buyer.  I've tried all 5 "USA options" in the drop down on Ebay.

As a result, buyers can't calculate or see their shipping and have to message me and get me to look it up on the Canada Post website every time. Funny thing is, the Canada Post 'Find a rate' function works PERFECTLY. 

Why does the Canada Post website work perfectly, but the Ebay site doesn't? I just want to make this process easier for my buyers and I! That's not too much to ask for!

Thanks for any help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You are listing on eBay.ca and so you can use calculated shipping for Canada. You have to use flat rate shipping for the USA when listing on eBay.ca. If you want to use calculated shipping to the US then you have to list on .com and in that case you would have to use flat rate for Canada.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:
You are listing on eBay.ca and so you can use calculated shipping for Canada. You have to use flat rate shipping for the USA when listing on eBay.ca.

That's not true.

Calculated shipping on eBay.CA does work for Canada Post shipments to the USA.

eBay.CA calculated shipping choices for USAeBay.CA calculated shipping choices for USA

The most common problem is the dimension minimums for the USA are bigger than those used for Canada.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@classicactiontoys wrote:
-I only am shipping to Canada and the US.

-Canadian shipping options, rates and calculator all work well.

-and I tested it, International shipping rates and calculator also work well.

- for my auctions I select Calculated Shipping, and tick the "United States" box.

My problem is that not ONE SINGLE USA shipping option I try shows up for the buyer.  I've tried all 5 "USA options" in the drop down on Ebay.

I checked a couple of your auctions.

Your shipping for a USA address shows up when viewed on ebay.COM -- so American buyers should be seeing a shipping cost.

But, for some reason trying to switch locations to view USA rates while on the ebay.CA site is currently not working. Hopefully this a temporary glitch.

-..-

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

"that not ONE SINGLE USA shipping option"

Your shipping options for the USA will be Canada Post options.

Small Parcel USA/Tracked PackageUSA/ ExpressPost USA/Expedited USA.

Not USPS services.

But you knew that right?

And that there is a drop down menu?

Flat Rate shipping gives you Canada Post, FedEx and UPS services and you fill in your shipping fee.

Calculated only allows Canada Post services. EBay uses the buyer's postal code/zipcode to give him the cost of shipping to his doorstep.

Couriers often have very complex shipping rates, and it is possible eBay programmers just threw up their hands and said "let's let the seller set the price".

Sorry to be so simple minded, but new sellers will read this as well as you, and there have been some odd misunderstandings.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

On both .com and .ca, I see 9 of your listings with a shipping cost to the US, 10 of them do not.  As dennis mentioned, the problem usually is that the service being used is below the minimum that Canada Post gives as their minimum dimensions for that service.  The dimensions for Canadian and US services do not always match, even if they have a similar name.

Minimum dimensions -  Each number  must be the same or above the min.

Tracked Packed and small packet USA - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm

Expedited Parcel USA - 21cm x 14cm x .5cm

Xpresspost USA - 21cm x 14cm x 1mm

The calculator on the CP website will work if you enter small dimensions but the ebay calculator won't.   For some reason CP publishes these as the min. dimensions allowed for those services but they are actually the minimum price for those services.  So if you print a label for a  1 kg expedited US parcel that is 14 x9cm you will pay the same price as you would for an expedited parcel of 21x14cm.   Ebay follows the published minimum sizes which is why the calculator won't work if the dimensions are smaller.

Keep in mind that when you are using expedited parcel, the prices are based on weight but also on dimensions so you want to try and keep your packages to the minimum size when possible.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dennis, you are so right. I don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I guess I need to get out of the house more, going nuts here with only my DH to talk to!!
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same issues as this guy.  I have confirmed my parcel dimensions meet the USPS miminum requirements.   Does anyone else have any ideas?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@magnus_lion wrote:

I am having the same issues as this guy.  I have confirmed my parcel dimensions meet the USPS miminum requirements.   Does anyone else have any ideas?

They need to meet CANADA POST requirements not USPS.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

In post 6 there is a list of minimum dimensions for each Canada Post service to the US.  All 3 numbers (length, width, height)  have to be the same or higher in order for the calculator to work.   I can't see any of your listings so if you can give us an example of the service you are using and the dimensions and weights that you have entered we might be able to help.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Has anyone resolved this issue? I posted my first item for sale on eBay.ca and the calculated shipping options for US loaded fine, but my next 4 items on eBay.ca not a single one will load the US shipping options.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

qtraxs
Community Member

Hi I'm having exactly the same issue, I've been selling on Ebay on and off for almost 20 yrs, its been a while since I last sold but I still buy so I know you can have options for US and Canada shipping prices by way of entering a postal code
My shipping options are set to Canada Post USA Expedited and Expresspost (USA), my dimensions are 3 inches, by 6 , 8  inches, weight is 310gr

When you click US shipping and enter a postal code, I tried 90210 it gives the message in the title of this post
I've contacted Ebay twice and each time they say it will be fixed in a few hours, each time it is not, Its not so much how long its taking them its that I have other items to list and need to figure this out
TIA 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@qtraxs wrote:

Hi I'm having exactly the same issue, I've been selling on Ebay on and off for almost 20 yrs, its been a while since I last sold but I still buy so I know you can have options for US and Canada shipping prices by way of entering a postal code
My shipping options are set to Canada Post USA Expedited and Expresspost (USA), my dimensions are 3 inches, by 6 , 8  inches, weight is 310gr

When you click US shipping and enter a postal code, I tried 90210 it gives the message in the title of this post
I've contacted Ebay twice and each time they say it will be fixed in a few hours, each time it is not, Its not so much how long its taking them its that I have other items to list and need to figure this out
TIA 

It could be because your dimensions are below the minimum size.

First thing, enter the number in metric instead of inches.

Second thing, have a look at the max/min dimensions allowed at this page:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

Third, in the 3 x 8 x 6, which one is the length or width? 3 inches = 7.6cm that is below the minimum for width or length so if that's what you are using it won't work (3 inches would be ok for "height" (thickness).

Fourth, understand that the minimum dimension for Domestic Packages are different (smaller) that for International/USA so it's possible for it to work for Canada but not the USA.

Size min/max for Domestic:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-shipping-in-canada/si...

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JUNE 2020

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date or incorrect

It should be noted that the responses over the past years have repeated the (likely correct) information about parcel dimensions.

In addition there is a post on the Community Boards that Canada Post is shut down this weekend, at a guess a time they find to be slow and least likely to affect the majority of businesses, which may also be making labels difficult.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 15
latest reply