Help With Denmark Vat Tax Code Ebay/Canada Post Warning Message

cxgirl
Community Member

Hi Folks, 

I sold a bowl to someone in Denmark, when I went to print out the shipping label there is a warning message saying Canada Post has not updated their service yet - I saw a discussion about this and it was said to basically ignore the message, the VAT code was in the address on the order page. I can't see anything in the address, am I looking in the wrong place?

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct. IOSS covers up to 150 EUR, above that the carrier will collect VAT and charge a handling fee just as Canada Post does for shipments into Canada that are above our exemption. There will be some Euro-hissyfits with customers but that has always been the case really. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

hlmacdon
Community Member

If you try to create an ebay shipping label are you able to to see the VAT PAID line with the IOSS number? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

cxgirl
Community Member

thanks for replying himacdon.

I think I figured it out, I re-read the message, the item is $300.00 CDN so Ebay doesn't collect the tax. So that means the buyer will be charged the tax when they receive the parcel? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Correct. IOSS covers up to 150 EUR, above that the carrier will collect VAT and charge a handling fee just as Canada Post does for shipments into Canada that are above our exemption. There will be some Euro-hissyfits with customers but that has always been the case really. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

cxgirl
Community Member

thanks himacdon! Yes, will mail as usual, just startled me to see the warning message. The good news is with the promotion on shipping, the buyer will be saving almost $24.00 off the cost of shipping

Message 5 of 5
latest reply