Help - no sales in 41 days...

This slump is unprecedented. I've been selling paintings on eBay for 13 years. Always 100% FB with good customer relations.

Sometimes when I search my listings from a different IP they don't show up in the search results. Have I been "ghosted"?

In the past couple months we had a deeply discounted sale on older stock then tried placing new paintings at auction starting just over the amount we paid (hundreds less than their market value) and still no budge.

Does anyone have suggestions? I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I've mentioned this in other threads, so you may have been subjected to this before, but I'll put in here incase....

When my sales slow, I:
-check my competitors to see if they're selling similar stuff
-check similar stuff to see if it is selling
-check the categories to see if stuff is selling
-check how my competitors are selling stuff, what's different from me
-try to figure out how I can make myself different, more visible to buyers

I try experiments like:
-using promoted listings
-using sales
-using auctions
-varying timing of auctions etc
-varying style of listing items
-varying days, quantities of new items listed

The last time this happened to me last year, I experimented until I found a system that works, and it was almost working too well, I could hardly keep up (it is just me). Recently things have slowed down, see below...

Having said this, it will eventually stop working because:
-other things change
-competitors figure out what I'm doing and emulate it
-buyer habits change
-ebay changes (things like search algorithm etc)

And then I repeat the process in the hopes of figuring out something that works for a while again.....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

In the past couple months we had a deeply discounted sale on older stock then tried placing new paintings at auction starting just over the amount we paid (hundreds less than their market value) and still no budge.

If dropping prices doesn't work - raise them.

Your products are aspirational, and don't necessarily fit with the "bargain hunter" mentality of price cutting.

I also wonder ,given that online shoppers are often using mobiles, if your wordy descriptions are a turnoff.

Most of your Terms of Sale, including the long description of applicable duty and use of USPS for shipping, are basically covered in two lines on the shipping tab.

Everything else is basic eBay policy.

In passing, I thought AJ Casson was a member of the Group of Seven  and that the Group eventually had nine or ten members.  Is the GoS name worth adding to your description?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply