Help with refunding buyer

Hello! Last month i posted up some baseball cards onto my store but i decided to give them to a mate of mine, i then forgot about the listing entirely, until i checked my ebay and realized that it had sold a few days before, i cancelled the order immediately as i didnt have the cards anymore however the cancellation says it is still waiting on buyer approval, and he stated he hasn't been refunded despite me not receiving any payment? Theres nothing in my ebay, nothing in my bank or paypal, no indication of a payment being issued to me, so where is the money? is it stuck in limbo while the confirmation is pending? Please help me out i am SO CONFUSED!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

so where is the money? is it stuck in limbo while the confirmation is pending?

Look in your Paypal account.

If he has paid, the cleared payment will be there.

• You would not be able to access it for up to 21 days because you are a new seller, and new sellers make mistakes. This is a Buyer Protection.

Clearing the two banking systems takes a couple of days, but the payment would still say Pending ( hourglass icon) if it was paid, but has not cleared.

To complicate matters, if the buyer paid from his bank account, rather than a PP balance or a credit card, he sees the payment sent well before it clears.

And of course it is possible that he is trying to bully you into refunding a payment that does not exist.

Oh yes. Are you sure the email on the PP account is correct? He could have paid, but the money may be trying to find that nonexistant PP account. In which case your best bet is to apologize, ask him to cancel the PP payment, apologize again, tell him what happened and then apologize.

Did you formally cancel? Was the reason you gave Out Of Stock?  In that case you also go a Defect on your selling account. This is Bad News.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I just now updated my PayPal information, it was incorrect, I am an idiot once again! And yes i formally cancelled it, i messaged him to ask him to accept it and he said he did, the payment still never actually went through on my end regardless, so idk where the money would've gone, he didn't let me know that he had received it back despite me asking him to make sure to let me know if/when the money is returned, as i am just as concerned about this as he is. Thank you for your help, if anything else goes wrong i know where to ask for help! (P.S. I wish they would use the same method for cancelling as Amazon does, just one button, click cancel, money goes back no fuss no issue, would make things like this much easier to deal with!!!)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply