Hope renewed in paypal, paypal better than ebay for sellers?

e_knny
Community Member

Hi, I dont know if Im the only one who feels this way, but whenever a buyer opens a claim against me, I secretly wish that they would open a paypal claim and not a ebay claim. I feel that paypal is more helpful for sellers and is more fair.

i had a frivolous item not as described claim opened against me recently on paypal. Paypal listened to the facts and decided the case in my favour. I feel that ebay would have never listened to me or the facts and would have just refunded the buyer. In fact, I have had numerous item not as described claims opened against me on ebay and everytime ebay would just refund the buyer. 

Now back to this recent case that was opened against me....

I had tried to work it out with the buyer and even offered a partial refund. however, he rejected all my offers and want me to pay for return shipping even though item was exactly as described. he opened a case against me on paypal. I called paypal, explained the facts, and paypal closed the case in my favour.

Now I assume this buyer is probably really **bleep** off now. If he decides to leave negative feedback, can ebay remove his feedback since the case was closed in MY favour??

thank you for reading

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't think that it is often that paypal rules for the seller in a not as described case so congrats. I 'think' that if the buyer leaves negative, it should be removed. Negative feedback is a defect and according to the defect removal policy, a defect will be removed if

"An eBay Money Back Guarantee request or PayPal Purchase Protection case is ruled in the seller's favour."

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/defect-removal.html

If they won't remove it, be persistent.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thank you...yes claims closed in favour of sellers are definitely few and far between

Its just that this claim was so ridiculous any sane and logical human would agree with my side

awaiting negative feedback from this buyer anytime now....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

But...

You do not have a claim that was not resolved by the seller...

They can really hurt!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply