How Do You See Who Left Low DSR's?

I know, from reading posts here, that this can be done but I don't know how.

I tried running a Seller Performance Report which states "use this report to get additional information about how your buyers are rating your service on eBay" but this option is never available and I've been trying for days.  It keeps saying "try again later".

Is this the proper place to get the information?  Is there any other way?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Go to your dashboard

Under performance to date, click on line with with your defect percentage

At the bottom of that section click on download a report and then expand the report

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks a lot.                    

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

I know, from reading posts here, that this can be done but I don't know how.

I tried running a Seller Performance Report which states "use this report to get additional information about how your buyers are rating your service on eBay" but this option is never available and I've been trying for days.  It keeps saying "try again later".

Is this the proper place to get the information?  Is there any other way?

Thanks. 

Hi 'jt' -- I think you were actually in the right place to get buyer-specific DSR breakdowns.  I saw that error message today as well, and wondered why.  I believe what 'pj' was describing was the process to get a report on a defect line item, but not the breakdown on who left DSRs and from which country/region. 

I was under the impression from the Spring Seller Update that we were now going to have access to details on specific buyers' DSR ratings.  I notice that when I've recently left DSRs as a buyer, there is now a warning that the ratings can be seen by the seller. 

So this may be (yet another!) glitch.  Perhaps eBay intended to make this available to sellers earlier but still hasn't figured out how -- the usual eBay cart-before-the-horse procedure.  Woman Very Happy

I don't know whether it's of quite so much use to you, but I was still able to access the DSR 90-day report creation feature.  Go to the dashboard, look down on the left panel for the heading "Reports and Service Tools", click on "Detailed Seller Ratings", then click the blue button "Create Report".  Specify a date range (max. 90 days, but you must have at least 10 DSRs over the period) and give it a title for reference.  This will load a report, but it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

Once you go back to that screen, check for your report, click on it, and click on "Rating Distributions" below the bar chart to see distribution by type, country, date, etc.  However, that chart doesn't show you the buyer IDs. 

Here's the link to the info on the report you (and I) were actually looking for (although rather useless "help" page if the report itself isn't available or functional):

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/seller-reports.html   

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Whoops, sorry, that link up there was to the "regular" DSR distribution reports, not the buyer-specific Performance Reports.  It's too late at night, time to check out of the boards...Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks rose-dee.  The reason I wanted to run a report is because I noticed that my DSR had dropped from 5.0 to 4.9 for Item as Described, as well as for Shipping Time.  Neither of these numbers is catastrophic, far from it, but I was curious to know which item(s) were considered "Not as Described".  This rating surprised me because my pictures and descriptions are very accurate, as far as I can tell but, nevertheless, I thought I could learn from this.  The lower Shipping Time rating is understandable because I realize that many people rate this based on how long it took the package to arrive.

In any event, I generated the report, following your instructions, and the report did show a 5.0 rating across the board, both global and international, with the exception of a small percentage rating Shipping Time as a 4.

All in all, nothing to worry about but I was curious about the item(s) which were considered not as described, but it's possible these ratings occurred prior to the 90 day window of the report.  And even it they had shown on the report, you indicated that we could not see which buyer the rating could be attributed to.

I received two defects .... one was my fault (I accidentally shipped the item to the wrong address) and the other was a bid from a country that I don't ship to, which somehow managed to make its way through.  My cancellation of that resulted in another defect.

Thanks for your help.  I'll know how to run a report in the future.

(P.S. Were you up late counting all your money from your summer sales LOL )

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

"my DSR had dropped from 5.0 to 4.9 for Item as Described"

It could happen when a buyer leaves a low DSR (1 or 2) or be caused by a minor change in the numbers due to rounding (up or down)

For example, let's say you had 121 DSR rating yesterday made of 115 "5" and 6 "4" for a total of 121 and an average of 4.950413.  eBay will round this to the nearest decimal: 5.0

Now, let's say nobody added new DSRs today but two (2) "5" dropped off because they are now over one year old.  This would leave you with 119 DSR made of 113 "5" and the same 6 "4" for a total of 119 and an average of 4.94958 which eBay will round down to 4.9

As you can see from this example, despite no addition to DSRs, the percentage may go up or down a small fraction by old DSRs dropping off the calculation.

PS - These are fictional numbers used to give an example only.  Nothing to do with your reality.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

That's very enlightening, Pierre.  Thanks.  My analytical skills are not my strong suit 🙂

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

"My analytical skills are not my strong suit'

Nothing to do with analytical skills.  Most sellers when they see a change in ratings look for what could possibly have happened yesterday to create or justify the change.  We are not mentally trained to think it may something that happened over a year ago  resulting in a change today.

Back to basics: think outside the box!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I got used to that a long time ago with FB %. Sometimes, over a period of a couple weeks it would fluctuate +/- .2. A string of positives would drop off and an existing neg, from a year ago, would still be there. % would drop. Next that neg would drop off and the % would shoot back up again.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I'm sorry, I see so much written about defects that I assumed you wanted to know who had left you a low DSR that gave you a defect.(I know..I know...never assume)  Smiley Happy 

The report that I gave you should show you the date and item number when you've received a 1,2 or 3 in item as described or a 1 in shipping time. If the low DSR was received before March, that report won't give you any information about it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The report that I gave you should show you the date and item number when you've received a 1,2 or 3 in item as described or a 1 in shipping time. If the low DSR was received before March, that report won't give you any information about it. 

I guess because the shipping time were 4's, they didn't provide any detail.

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

(P.S. Were you up late counting all your money from your summer sales LOL )

Hahahaha...you gave me my chuckle for the day.  No, I was up late trying to figure out ways to make some more money to pay the bills from the sales that didn't happen all summer.  Haven't got an answer yet...Woman LOL

Message 13 of 13
latest reply