How Long Can You Delay Signing Up For Managed Payments?

I got the email this morning...ugh.

How long do I have before I need to switch over? Anyone go beyond their allowed time and get cutoff from selling?
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

did the email have a sign up before date.??

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

Probably this one. I got it today.  2nd warning shot. Almost at the end of the plank. Hot Air Balloon is failing fast.....

Update your account details by February 23rd, or your ability to create new listings will be disabled. Please disregard this email if you’ve already updated your account details.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes, it did! DOH! Same one as Lotz... Feb 23rd.

Of course I'm going to delay it til the last possible second...
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Well, that's a real bummer ... they've not left you guys a lot of time to successfully register before the drop-dead date either, that's awfully sudden. I've not heard from them at all this month after ignoring messages since last October, none of those included must register by dates though. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
My impression is that even if one signs up for Managed Payments, it could be a while until they have to start using it, particularly if they’re listing on the .com site. Am I out to lunch on this?
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I got put in months ago and I think I was safe for about a week after the deadline they gave me. They did cut off my ability to list.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I was told I had to sign up by July 2020 so I did. At the time 70%  of my stuff was listed in USD, I moved it all over in August/Septmber to CAD, still haven't been moved to managed payments. Maybe it assumes since most of my business was in USD at the time that It still is? Either way no complaints about waiting lol

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The first warning shot was Jan 12, 2021. It really does make it look like when you get this particular invite it is either sign up or die. For sellers that list mega items on dot com, is there a way to port listings to dot ca? Easily and painlessly?  And wonder if all of the people that got the recent invite were dot ca sellers only?

Also of note my mail comes to my gmail account which has 2 folders at the top. One is called Primary...The second is called Promotions. Because it showed up in Promotions can I consider it junk mail? Hmmm, just thinking out loud under my breath!! Smiley Wink It basically resembles Spam!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bW4vEo1F4E

-Lotz

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

My gmail has an Other folder.

I have no idea how anything was chosen to be in Other or how to move it into "here's the stuff Google has decided is important" which includes a bunch of phishing lately.

We were able to port from dotCOM to dotCA when they forced us to list on each site in only one currency. And maybe the other way too?  Perhaps that program could be revived?

I notice that we don't have a Chat this Wednesday tyler@ebay 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

If you have been invited to change to Managed Payments....

If you register for Managed Payments.....  you will continue to sell on eBay.

If you do not register for Managed Payments ... you will no longer be a seller on eBay.

It is a seller's choice.....

If a seller wants to continue selling on eBay... They must register for Managed Payments.

I have been using Managed Payments since August 10, 2020 and have learned what to do.  Managed Payments works very well....  It did take a while to figure out where all of my income tax, and GST charged by eBay information was,  but... it is all there and easy to find.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Quote: I have no idea how anything was chosen to be in Other or how to move it into "here's the stuff Google has decided is important"

Both Gmail and Outlook / hotmail /microsoft live came up with that idea of applying AI to a multiple folder inbox ... of course it doesn't work.

It didn't take long to learn those folders were wasting my time. Users can go into the Gmail or Outlook.com settings menu and revert to a unified inbox .
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

My gmail has an Other folder.

I have no idea how anything was chosen to be in Other or how to move it into "here's the stuff Google has decided is important" which includes a bunch of phishing lately.

We were able to port from dotCOM to dotCA when they forced us to list on each site in only one currency. And maybe the other way too?  Perhaps that program could be revived?

I notice that we don't have a Chat this Wednesday tyler@ebay 

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what mail ends up where. I've had offers from eBay arrive with gmail in both.  Same goes for the store coupon and eBucks coupon. But as far gmail goes much more reliable and timely compared to eBay mail where messages have been known to routinely show up after they have expired.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I was told, in no uncertain terms., that unless I signed up for MP by July 2020, bad, bad things would happen to me,  simply too horrible to frighten innocent others by repeating them here today.

As of this date,  being Jan 27, 2021. I am still not enrolled in MP and except for the only recently resolved bout of hiccups, nothing else to report. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I may roll the dice on this. Since the only issues seem to be listing new items, i may just go on a mass listing spree in the next few weeks before the Feb. 23rd deadline date listed in my email.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply