How can I find out what I did wrong in a listing that ebay removed for MC018

A whole day of listing were removed by Ebay for a MC018 violation. How can I find out what I did wrong if I can no longer see the listings so that I won't do it again. Whatever I did I must have done it to all listings that I did that day.

How do I proceed?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did eBay tell you what a MC018 violation is?  Did it say anything about duplicate listings, copyright violations, right holders violations....??  What type of items were they and was there a brand name involved?

If their email didn't give you any idea of why they were removed, all I can suggest is to phone ebay customer service.

Or, you might want to ask Raphael who is answering questions today in the weekly board session. He wouldn't be able

to give you specific details on your situation (at least not in public) but may be able to tell you what a MC018 violation is.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/October-14th-2015-Weekly-Session/m-p/315763#U3...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

First try, I found this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4719747

Seems to be referring to listing violations with a link to off-eBay.

MC018 seems to a blanket browser manipulation infraction. It also applies to using the word "not" in the title.

I saw another reference to something embedded in the picture.

Whatever you did, you did it in every listing, and they can see it. They seem to "think" t is browser manipulation, I "think".

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I looked at some of your listings that are still there. I'm not sure, but is it because you are offering insurance only if the buyer pays for it? Insurance is only for the sellers protection, not the buyers. You are responsible even if you do not have insurance. I'm not sure if this is something that would generate a listing to be removed though. I guess you will have to call eBay and ask them if the email doesn't specify what the removal was for.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@taffy1448 wrote:

A whole day of listing were removed by Ebay for a MC018 violation. How can I find out what I did wrong if I can no longer see the listings so that I won't do it again. Whatever I did I must have done it to all listings that I did that day.

How do I proceed?

MC018 seems to apply to duplicate listings and not so much as having the exact same item listed multiple times but rather identical or near identical titles and/or details in the body of the listing.

The OP would be the only one that would know about this but did you have a bunch of listings with identical or near identical titles, details etc?

Cheers,

thD

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks I have contacted Raphael.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@taffy1448 wrote:

Thanks I have contacted Raphael.

Did you find out what an "MC018" was?  I'd be interested to know what the issue was.  Ebay is beginning to sound like a bunch of bureaucrats with their codes and buzzwords.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply