How do I fix my listing ??? MSG says ' Card attributes not allowed as variation specific '

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How do I fix my listing ??? MSG says ' Card attributes not allowed as variation specific '

There seems to be some major renovations being done in the sportscard, gamecard, and books categories.

No firm results yet, but a lot of strum und drang.

In the short run, try making new listings as a Sell Similar to an existing listing.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed.

Put the Attributes in the Description, since you can't use Item Specifics.

On you Active Listings list, add a Note to yourself that this listing should be revisited when things calm down.

And you are not alone, every other seller in your category listing new items has the same problem.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Coronation street is great.

Have read you temporary solution but still having trouple understanding.

Would you please help with  direction on statement  Attributes in the Description, since you can't use Item Specifics.

Thanks and await your reply 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What are you trying to do when you get that message?

If you are trying to set up various cards in one listing as variations, then the message likely means that is not how the variation listings are supposed to be used.  They are for an item with different attributes such as a shirt that comes in large, xl, med. etc. ...not for totally different cards.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am curious about that answer "pjcdn2005".  Since went can't you have totally different cards as variations?  Is this a new change?  I have always been able to use variations (i.e.  2005-06 Victory - 20 different cards) on the one listing, with each card a different value.  If I understand your answer above - this is no longer allowed?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

What are you trying to do when you get that message?

If you are trying to set up various cards in one listing as variations, then the message likely means that is not how the variation listings are supposed to be used.  They are for an item with different attributes such as a shirt that comes in large, xl, med. etc. ...not for totally different cards.

@ricpl-6487 

I'm not sure of the exceptions but variation listings seem to be much easier to create(more categories) on dot com vs dot ca. There are many US sellers using variation for CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes etc with no problems. It may be still possible to use in some cases creating a listing using sell similar on dot ca. (Grandfathered listings.) It's very much hit or miss when eBay's system will or won't let you.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

From the help pages..

When you have many similar items that have different variations, such as colour or size, you can create a single fixed price listing that includes all the variations you offer.

Variations were always meant for the same item with different attributes and the categories that allowed for variations used to be more limited.  I think that the do's and dont's were more specific at one time.   But eBay doesn't seem to be very proactive about enforcing that so it must not be a huge concern for them. I have read about a seller's listings getting taken down because they were 'misusing' variations but that doesn't seem to happen often.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There are many features...new and old,  that will work one way on dot com and work totally different on dot ca. Same goes for help pages between the 2 sites. eBay Canada is a separate entity until it's not. Happens all the time with the seasonal updates we see several times a year. Often when a feature is eventually released on dot ca it is watered down from the US version.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

From the help pages..

When you have many similar items that have different variations, such as colour or size, you can create a single fixed price listing that includes all the variations you offer.

Variations were always meant for the same item with different attributes and the categories that allowed for variations used to be more limited.  I think that the do's and dont's were more specific at one time.   But eBay doesn't seem to be very proactive about enforcing that so it must not be a huge concern for them. I have read about a seller's listings getting taken down because they were 'misusing' variations but that doesn't seem to happen often.

@ricpl-6487 

US examples. These are NOT a 1 of's.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144039578001?hash=item21896d8991:g:X0gAAOSwrDtgntrJ

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144042759781?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%...

Hope I typed that in correctly? 🙂

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply