How do I politely remind a buyer they haven't paid & 1 week has passed?

h*p*
Community Member

I have 8 buyers who have not paid rangeing from 3 weeks to 1 week.  How do  I get them to pay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ack! You've waited that long on some??

You solve this by "politely" opening Unpaid Item Cases against them.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are listing on eBaydotCA, on Day Three you send one note, "Thank you for your interest. Your ....... is ready to ship as soon as payment is recieved. If you need help with using Paypal, just let me know.  "

If there is no payment, on Day Four (96 hours) open the Unpaid Item Dispute. You get your selling fees back, and can relist. The deadbeat gets a Strike.

And the next time she tries to bid on something, she finds that she can't because many (most?) sellers have set their Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID Strikes.

And you should too....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Like femme, I usually wait three days and send a note -- "I haven't heard from you since you purchased this item and was wondering if you had changed your mind. Since I don't want to unnecessarily open an unpaid item claim against you, could you please let me know." Sometimes this serves as a reminder and they make payment right away, but, more often, there is no response, in which case I open the claim on the fourth day. If they want to cancel, that's fine with me. I have no problem with a mutual cancellation. If a person is new to eBay, in my note, I'll offer assistance in making payment.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"How do I politely remind a buyer..."

I generally send another invoice using eBay's system - no less than seven days later - and indicate in the "Shipping and Payment Information" box that this is a copy of invoice sent on (date).  "Your prompt remittance will be appreciated."

One attracts more flies with honey than vinegar.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ack! You've waited that long on some??

You solve this by "politely" opening Unpaid Item Cases against them.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are listing on eBaydotCA, on Day Three you send one note, "Thank you for your interest. Your ....... is ready to ship as soon as payment is recieved. If you need help with using Paypal, just let me know.  "

If there is no payment, on Day Four (96 hours) open the Unpaid Item Dispute. You get your selling fees back, and can relist. The deadbeat gets a Strike.

And the next time she tries to bid on something, she finds that she can't because many (most?) sellers have set their Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID Strikes.

And you should too....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Like femme, I usually wait three days and send a note -- "I haven't heard from you since you purchased this item and was wondering if you had changed your mind. Since I don't want to unnecessarily open an unpaid item claim against you, could you please let me know." Sometimes this serves as a reminder and they make payment right away, but, more often, there is no response, in which case I open the claim on the fourth day. If they want to cancel, that's fine with me. I have no problem with a mutual cancellation. If a person is new to eBay, in my note, I'll offer assistance in making payment.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"How do I politely remind a buyer..."

I generally send another invoice using eBay's system - no less than seven days later - and indicate in the "Shipping and Payment Information" box that this is a copy of invoice sent on (date).  "Your prompt remittance will be appreciated."

One attracts more flies with honey than vinegar.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply