Forum Posts

Contacting eBay Via Email

In the recent selling promotion, like some others, I was charged for some items that should have gone in free. I don't have time to spend on the phone to eBay, so I would like to contact them via email. I have seen contact information here for one of...

Problem applying discount

hi I want to give a customer $2.79 discount -- or adjust lower shipping fee-- any option would be good to make the new invoice. How to do it? When I change the shipping charge, it doesn't work. (clicking .recalculate always give same result, without ...

Shipping % discount

I saw a thread on these boards here sometime ago with someone telling how you can make a shipping discount. I make all my listings calculated and I wanted to make it so that all shipping methods are instantly 8% off. Does anyone know how to do that?

About Returns and Tracking

This has come up a number of tines for me personally and here on the board as well, and I think I know the answer but I'm not 100% on it. If I return an item to a seller with tracking but without going through the ebay system, and then something goes...

More Ebay problems glitches

Just has some items end this evening that were listed by auction. All of them are still in my listed for sale and say ended. Nothing has moved to sold, and no emails. Not even sure if any one could bid at the end or not. Anyone else having these issu...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling Coupons

Okay so I'm back with more dumb questions I have 18 coupons for $10 off each for Crest products. My currently plan was to sell them in lots of 4 at a fixed price of $14.99. Should I go with 4 different auctions or keep the way it is? Or go another wa...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Advice re Shipping CDs to Europe and Beyond?

I'd be interested to hear from any sellers who regularly ship CDs to Europe (and other parts overseas). To the U.S. Light Packet seems just fine for most CDs, since the cost isn't far off lettermail. But to Europe, there's a somewhat bigger cost gap....

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

FVF on S&H Charges

Just got off the phone with an ebay cs rep & was told they no longer change FVF's on S&H . Checked my latest invoice & FVF's for S&H we're still being charged, called back & spoke with another rep & he said it's something they're talking about, but n...

Changing Currency after listing

I listed an item to start for auction this Sunday night but accidentally listed in U.S. currency. There doesn't seem to be a way to go back and change it to CDN? Do I have to create a whole new listing?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer claims chargeback after he agreed for transaction

Hi, I've sell 2 hockey e-tickets April 28th, 2013 to a guy. Before and even after payment has been made, he asked me many questions to know if tickets were authentic, if he could have the proof of purchase that I bought the tickets... Since it was pl...

calculated shipping

I do not need calculated shipping for the US as I ship small packet. When I put a flat rate in for the US my listing shows up as calculated shipping. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of calculated shipping on my listing form. An example is 161040721...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Customs Clearance for Tracked Packet

I searched for this, but did not see it on the boards. On the Canada Post website the Customs Clearance option is greyed out (not available) for Tracked Packet, but is available for Expedited. I was wondering if this makes a difference in deciding wh...

Shipping to Italy

As a preface I should note I don't sell very many things on ebay. First time I've had someone from Italy buy something from me and it looks like the package is taking a long time to get there. Shipped with Small Packet Surface on April 11 and it's ye...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ooops - Hand in the PMO Cookie Jar?

It appears a cookie jar (aka hidden slush fund account) by means of which Mr. Duffy was bailed out, does in fact exist. Our very own "Deep Throat" lives. I'm sure the report by CBC will be all over the news tonight. No doubt more details will follow ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Thank you eBay!!!!

I would like to thank the folks at eBay for sending me yet again another email informing me my performance is below standard.......at least according to them and their totally useless, asinine, dysfunctional, worthless, inane, pathetic, irrelevant an...

Page Views Going Up Every Time I Visit My Own Listing

I was having a problem getting the shipping correct on a newly listed item and had to go back in to revise it a few times. The page views kept going up and I thought, Wow this is a popular item, I better get this listed correctly. Today, as soon as I...

wrong location

I recently sold an item to a buyer in Korea. His profile says his location is United States. Is this something I should be worried about?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

spam email as if from paypal

I just got one, it almost looks like from paypal as ussual, but what I can spot is : The sender is not intl.paypal.com but intpaypal.com.au On the bottom line is written: Issues with this transaction?If you belive this is an error please follow the l...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone here who sells metal items?

A couple of weeks ago my husband helped someone move, and he wouldn't take payment, so the man gave him 2 metal items to sell on eBay. 1)There is a brass pineapple ice bucket, I found several on eBay, my question is, should I clean it? Most of the on...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Seller Release to Include Changes to Fees, Feedback

By Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes.com February 28, 2012 eBay will announce the first Seller Release of 2012 today, and fees and feedback are on the table. Some of the forthcoming policy changes are designed to encourage sellers to send items quickly and ...

• 150 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Seller in Canada

Greeting Canadians, Ive been a part time casual seller in the U.S. for about 10 years. I moved to Newfoundland (The Rock) for a job last year and I'm trying to sell a few items from here. Trying being the operative word. Basically without going into ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic Invoice Payment via Paypal

What's the point of me choosing to have my invoices automatically paid using PayPal if the bloody thing never works! PayPal always rejects the invoice and I have a CC on file that has more then enough cash to cover the measly $12 in fees. - Ridiculou...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels