calculated shipping

I do not need calculated shipping for the US as I ship small packet. When I put a flat rate in for the US my listing shows up as calculated shipping. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of calculated shipping on my listing form. An example is 161040721916

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

calculated shipping

I "think" there is a box you need to de-select. Just below where you put your shipping rates in is the dimensions area. I have never used this so I do not know for sure.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

calculated shipping

I do not understand your question but I will cover the basics.

In the online eBay Sell Your Item form in the shipping section, just under the International Shipping, there is a drop down selection box with three choices

Flat same cost to all buyers

Calculate: Cost varies by buyer location

No international shipping.

Choose the first option "Flat same cost to all buyers" and you will get the Canada Post shipping options with just a box for the shipping cost that you wish to charge.

Please also note that you do not need to enter any dimensions or weight since this information is for use with the calculated shipping option.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

calculated shipping

When I put a flat rate in for the US my listing shows up as calculated shipping

The majority of your listings use letterpost for shipping to the U.S. and you can't use calculated shipping for that, so you would set up small packet the same way.

I'm wondering though...why do you think it shows as calculated shipping. Is it because you have to enter measurements when you are filling out the information or is it because you see the postal/zip code box when you view the completed listings? Or another reason?

If it is the second reason, that box seems to show on most listings now regardless if it is flat rate or calculated shipping. I'm sure that it wasn't like that a while ago..

You do have at least 3 items that do not show any shipping cost for the U.S.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

calculated shipping

Please also note that you do not need to enter any dimensions or weight since this information is for use with the calculated shipping option. 

Thank you 'poco' -- I saw this the other day when revising a listing and thought, uh-oh, even though I use flat rate shipping exclusively, now they also want the parcel size (and weight I believe too) shown in the listing, which made no sense. 

It would have been nice of eBay to put a small note next to that line saying ("required for calculated shipping") or something similar.  Would save a lot of wasted head-scratching.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply