Forum Posts

Automatic Invoice Payment via Paypal

What's the point of me choosing to have my invoices automatically paid using PayPal if the bloody thing never works! PayPal always rejects the invoice and I have a CC on file that has more then enough cash to cover the measly $12 in fees. - Ridiculou...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tax Question

Could someone clarify what taxes I would collect if I live in BC and am collecting from another provinces? Thanks All.

Unpaid item - Ebay telling me can't open for 4 days

I thought that at the beginning of may you could open an unpaid item case in 2 days. I tried to open one today and it told me I have to wait 4 days. What gives with this? Are the rules different on .com and .ca? It was listed on .ca

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

buyer wants to cancel transaction

because the shipping calculator screwed up when he bid and he learned afterwards that the shipping is too much. so I opened a case to cancel transaction, but buyer hasn't responded for over 5 days. how long do I have to wait before the case is closed...

Some Thoughts on Shipping Insurance

Anyone noticed that insurance for shipments that are really worth insuring is no longer available? No one will insure certain countries or items, and these shipments are really the only ones that truly demand insurance. In other words, high risk ship...

A trip back Memory Lane

January 17th, 2002 eBay Head Office, San Jose California Ten eBay users (both buyers and sellers) selected to participate in a two day conference in the newly revised "Voice of the Customer" program (I was the only Canadian). We will be meeting eBay'...

Bought & Paid 11/5. Shows 17/5

I bought and paid via cc for an item on 11/5. PayPal shows transaction occurring on 11/5. When I move my mouse over the paid item on my purchase history it shows I paid on 17/5 which is the same date the seller shipped. As I am confirmed on PayPal an...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Monthly or Yearly Store Fees??

When you decide whether or not it is a good idea to sign up for a yearly subscription, keep in mind that if you downgrade the level of your store or close it, there is an early termination fee. http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/feesupdate20...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

How many ebay dvd listings will disappear

Police bust alleged largest DVD counterfeit operation in Canadian history OAKVILLE BEAVER FILE... 12 Halton police are holding a media conference tomorrow (Tuesday) after dismantling the alleged largest counterfeit DVD burning and manufacturing opera...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

How Do I Get Rid of HTML in the Description

When I'm listing a new item, I always call up a previous or current listing and make the necessary changes. It's fast and I've never had a problem until today. All my listings that I'm using to "Sell Similar" on both .ca and .com are coming up in HTM...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Questions about sell your item form

Greetings, I have 2 selling accounts. One was created several years ago, and one only a few months ago. I have noticed some behaviour differences between the two when using the sell your item form. On the older account: -It remembers my last settings...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not seeing the condition tabs for video games

Greetings, Odd issue, but for some reason, starting a few days ago, when I look at the catalogue page for a video game listing, I only see 2 tabs. "New" and "Used" and the used tab is always empty. I should see New, Like New, Very Good, Good, and Acc...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why only U.S. sales count in SPN and TRS compilation numbers

This may have been discussed here before and I missed it, but why does eBay only use U.S. sales in its compilation of the required numbers for its Top-Rated Sellers program ? Has eBay ever given a reason for this policy ? I have no problem maintainin...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

MC999 Selling Practices policy violation alert

OK - Here we go again. Received a MC999 Selling Practices policy violation alert from eBay light night on three completed (unsold) items. "We're writing to let you know that one or more of your listings need to be updated to meet eBay's picture quali...

Photo problem - Arrrggg!

I have uploaded two images of the digital camera that I'm listing. One is a front view, and the other a side view. I want the photo of the front view to be the main image displayed in my listing, but I keep getting the photo of the side view! I've tr...

Alternate sites

I was just taking a look at the eBay site - it has changed drastically since I looked at it a couple of years ago. I asked a few questions on their forums and people seem quite happy and are apparently selling. I think I may put a few items on and se...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels