Page Views Going Up Every Time I Visit My Own Listing

I was having a problem getting the shipping correct on a newly listed item and had to go back in to revise it a few times. The page views kept going up and I thought, Wow this is a popular item, I better get this listed correctly.

Today, as soon as I opened it to make a revision, the page counter went up one.

(I was my own inadvertent shill).

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To eliminate that problem, use the "revise" link available in "my eBay" or "Selling Manager" instead of going to the listing before clicking on the "revise" link. 

Using the "revise" function will not increase the view count.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I think that what hallscrystal meant was that she/he was seing what the item looked like from the point of view of the buyer and then proceeded to make changes. Each time viewing the item counted as one person viewing the auction, even if it was only the seller.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Aha - Thank you Pierre!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh... then I must have misunderstood. 😉

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your thoughts lady stark, I didn't see your post (we posted at the same time).

Now if I can just figure out the shipping. That will be another thread, I am thinking I might need help.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

"Now if I can just figure out the shipping"

Maybe, just maybe, you should think of selling your glasses in lots of 2 or 4 instead of individually. The shipping cost will not increase that much and your potential buyers will perceive a better value.

For example, you have a wine glass at $15 plus $23 shipping to the USA (CA).  A lot of two glasses would be $30 plus $23 for shipping.  It may be more appealing to buyers.

In any case, who buys one glass only? 😉

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you Pierre, your point is well taken. Unfortunately I sometimes only have one, but it is a deterrent for sure. I am in the process of updating the shipping calculators, it was the one thing that I could never figure out for best US and UK shipping.

(Sometimes the folks who buy one are the neighbour who helped clean up after Christmas dinner and broke a glass that isn't being made any more). 😮

Message 8 of 8
latest reply